Know how to pay your E-Challans in Delhi!
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways launched the E-challan. It is a Digital Traffic Enforcement Solution for more effective and strict enforcement of traffic laws in the country. With the increasing number of vehicles on the road and fatalities due to road accidents in India, it was essential to update the existing traffic rules and regulations. The Central government amended the current Motor Vehicles Act 1988 earlier in August, with the amendment set to go into effect across the country on September 1st, 2019. The significant amendment proposed is to 'revise traffic fines'. In addition, the Government of India is attempting to improve the use of technology and online methods.
What are E-Challans?
The government has decided to phase out physical challenges due to the above amendment. The traffic police ensure smooth movement of traffic and, at the same time, enforce the commuters to follow the basic traffic rules. If there is a violation, then make sure the offender is fined and made to pay the penalty online. In this article, we shall focus on how to make Delhi traffic police challan online payment.
How does E-Challan work in Delhi?
The biggest reason Delhi's current ranking as the eighth-worst city to drive is how reckless the traffic is. With a steady increase in vehicles on the road, it's practically impossible for law enforcement officers to keep an eye on every reckless driver or traffic light violator. This is where innovation comes into play, as perpetrators are identified and fined as soon as they violate any rule. CCTV cameras have been installed across India, including in Delhi, to help enforce traffic laws more effectively.
- If a vehicle is caught breaking a traffic law in front of these cameras, the Delhi Traffic Police will extract the vehicle's registration number from the footage.
- Following that, the police will check the registration number with the Regional Transport Office (RTO) to extrapolate other details about the vehicle, most notably the vehicle owner's mobile number and name.
- The Delhi Traffic Police will then send an SMS containing information such as the violation's time, date, and location.
How to Check Delhi Traffic Fines Online
You can check the status of your challan by following these steps for your Delhi traffic police nic in challan:
Step 1: Go to the official website of the Parivahan or Park+ Step 2 - On the homepage, click the "Check Challan Status" tab in the menu bar. Step 3 - On the next page, enter the following information: Challan number/Vehicle Number/DL (Driving License) number. Step 4 - Enter the Captcha there and click "Get Details." Step 5 - A message will be displayed if no challan is found against your vehicle. If there are any e-challans against your car, they will be reflected in the "Challan Status" row.
You can also track your acceptable obligation by looking at the number of e-challans issued against your vehicle. Remember that you must complete your payments for e-challans within 60 days of their issuance; otherwise, the e-challan will be sent directly to court. The court may impose an additional fine, a prison sentence of up to three months or both.
How Do You Pay a Delhi Police Traffic Challan?
Online Payment of a Traffic e-Challan:
There are three options for paying the Delhi police challan online: the Park+ website, the Parivahan website, and the official website of Delhi Transport.
How to Use the Parivahan Website:
You can also pay your Delhi challan online by visiting Parivahan Sewa, the Government of India's official e-challan website.
-Go to the Parivahan e-challan website. -Enter your e-mail address and password. -Enter your Challan/Vehicle/Driving License number here. -Enter the Captcha code and press the 'Get Details' button. -To make the payment, choose an e-challan from the list displayed. -Your offence details, as well as the pending fine, will be displayed. Continue with the payment. -When the challan payment is completed, you will be notified via SMS alert and given the transaction ID.
Using the Official Web Portal of the Delhi Government:
- Visit the website of the Delhi Traffic Police.
- Here you have to create an account using a username and password.
- From the 'Pending Challan/Notice' drop-down menu, select 'Pending Notices.'
- Enter your Vehicle/Notice number and then click 'Search Details.'
- You will be informed of the status of your Delhi traffic police pending challan and the amount owed.
- Click on the 'Make Payment' icon next to the traffic fine you want to pay.
- Select a payment method from the options provided.
- You will receive an SMS alert once the transaction has been completed successfully.
Keeping track of your challans' records is not a tedious task anymore. Just make sure to check it from time to time. Nowadays, you’ll receive messages from state traffic authorities notifying you of the traffic violation committed and the associated fine to be paid every time you violate a traffic rule.