RTO offices or Regional Transport Offices are the offices in Assam that deal with the queries and concerns related to the vehicles owned by people on a state level, along with licences of different sorts. These offices are multiple and are located in various areas throughout the state.
Parivahan is a digital platform that deals with numerous services, such as appointment booking, application status, duplicate registration, change of address, transfer of ownership, hypothecation, etc., that are connected to car registration or previously registered vehicles. It is a digital portal for state transportation in Assam, helping people with travel-related concerns and queries. Associated with the state ministries of roads, transportation, and highways, it is an important platform for people living in Assam.
RTOs or the Regional Transport Offices have a lot of their workload shared, owing to the existence of this platform. All the activities that required people to be physically present at the RTO offices have been tackled by it.
What is ASTC?
Assam State Transport Corporation, also known as ASTC, is an Indian state-owned road transportation company that offers bus services within and to neighbouring states. In the beginning, Assam State Transport was a division of the state government that operated four buses between Guwahati and Nagaon. It was founded in 1970 and has been active since then. ASTC has made ten traffic divisions across the state for ease of travelling.
What are the responsibilities of RTO offices in Assam?
RTO stands for Regional Transport Offices. The state government has planted these offices to resolve the people's queries related to their driving licences, Challans, etc. They are many and help people to register for different licences and pay their fines. Helping people with state travel-related queries and concerns are some of the responsibilities taken care of them -
- Different appointments are booked at the RTO offices. The Parivahan portal allows one to book appointments at any RTO office in the state. It is hassle-free and saves a lot of time.
- If you are a learner and are learning to drive, you can register to get your learning licence. If you cannot visit an RTO office, you can get all the work done digitally without having to visit any RTO office or stand in long queues with the help of the RTO Assam website.
- If you have an experience in driving or know how to drive, you must be looking for a way to get your driving licence made. You can easily apply for a driving licence on the Parivahan website or visit an RTO office. One plus point about registering for your licence with RTO Assam is that you don't have to give a driving test.
- Having an international licence can ask for long and intricate procedures. However, you can do that easily with the help of RTO services or the RTO Assam website.
- You can also pay your 'Challan' easily on the Parivahan portal. Every payment has a digital footprint to make the entire process more organised and simple. You can also do that by visiting an RTO office nearby.
- It allows you to take the STALL test or the test that is made for registering you as eligible to have a learner's licence. You can also visit an RTO office and give the test.
- Making a duplicate licence has also been made easy by them. RTO offices take care of that. If someone has lost their driving licence, they can apply for a duplicate licence to prevent themselves from getting fined.
How to get vehicle insurance in Assam?
The RTO website of Assam allows you to get vehicle insurance in Assam according to your convenience.
- Select an insurance provider of your choice. Consider the reviews and ratings of different insurance providers.
- Mind that there are different types of insurance for two-wheelers and cars with totally different inclusions. Buy accordingly.
- Go through different plans and their monthly premium price. Pick the one you find the best. Also, pay attention to their inclusions.
- Select the duration for which you want the insurance to be. After the expiry of this period, you'll have to get your insurance renewed.
- You can then make the payment according to the payment options available.
RTO offices help people get their driving and learning licences made, along with other important responsibilities. It helps lighten the workload on the RTOs by bringing people to their websites and resolving the bulk of their queries. Moreover, people find it easier and more convenient as it doesn't require them to walk to the RTO offices and get the processes done and completed in an offline manner. It is more accessible to most people who live in remote areas and cannot pay a visit to the offices as and when required. This helps them to get their work done without any kind of delay or hassle.