The Regional Transport Office, sometimes known as the RTO, is a government entity that was set up to supervise all of India's activities related to transportation. It may be found in each of the states and Union Territories. The provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act from 1988 are to be carried out by the UP Parivahan UP Transport UP RTO following their responsibilities.
Following the requirements outlined in the Road Transport Act of 1950, the Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation, also known as the UPSRTC, was founded. This organisation's mission is to provide Uttar Pradesh's residents with transport-related services that are appropriate, inexpensive, and effective, following their needs. The Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation comprises 77 ARTO offices, 20 Regional offices, and 6 Zonal offices. Additionally, there are 19 UP Parivahan UP Transport UP RTO offices and 20 Regional offices.
Uttar Pradesh RTO Office Location With Code
UP Transport RTO is a government body responsible for ensuring that all of the provisions of this central act are adhered to in their respective regions. In addition, the department is responsible for various other duties, such as collecting taxes, monitoring pollution, and regulating road transportation.
|UP RTO List (UP Transport Office)
|District Name- Almora
|District Name- Gorakhpur
|District Name- Haldwani
|District Name- Mau
|District Name- Udham Singh Nagar
|District Name- Siddharth Nagar
|District Name- Haridwar
|District Name- Mahrajganj
|District Name- Saharanpur
|District Name- Padrauna
|District Name- Muzaffarnagar
|District Name- Sant Kabir Nagar
|District Name- Bulandshahar
|District Name- Ballia
|District Name- Ghaziabad
|District Name- Ghazipur
|District Name- Meerut
|District Name- Jaunpur
|District Name- NOIDA
|District Name- Mirzapur
|District Name- Bagpat
|District Name- Sonbhadra
|District Name- Shamli
|District Name- Varanasi
|District Name- Bijnor
|District Name- Bhadohi
|District Name- Moradabad
|District Name- Chandauli
|District Name- Rampur
|District Name- Allahabad
|District Name- Jyotiba Phule Nagar
|District Name- Fatehpur
|District Name- Badaun
|District Name- Pratapgarh
|District Name- Bareilly
|District Name- Kaushambi
|District Name- Pilibhit
|District Name- Kannauj
|District Name- Shahjahanpur
|District Name- Etawah
|District Name- Hardoi
|District Name- Farrukhabad
|District Name- Kheri
|District Name- Kanpur Dehat (rural)
|District Name- Lucknow
|District Name- Kanpur
|District Name- Raebareli
|District Name- Auraiya
|District Name- Sitapur
|District Name- Agra
|District Name- Unnao
|District Name- Aligarh
|District Name- Amethi
|District Name- Etah
|District Name- Hapur
|District Name- Firozabad
|District Name- Sambhal
|District Name- Mainpuri
|District Name- Barabanki
|District Name- Mathura
|District Name- Faizabad
|District Name- Mahamaya Nagar
|District Name- Gonda
|District Name- Kanshiram Nagar
|District Name- Sultanpur
|District Name- Banda
|District Name- Ambedkar Nagar
|District Name- Hamirpur
|District Name- Balrampur
|District Name- Jalaun
|District Name- Azamgarh
|District Name- Jhansi
|District Name- Basti
|District Name- Mahoba
|District Name- Deoria
|District Name- Chitrakoot Dham
Responsibility of RTO
- The RTO ensures that all motor vehicles do not exceed the posted speed limit and comply with all traffic regulations.
- The RTO is the entity that is responsible for the process of registering motor vehicles. In addition, it gives transportation permits and NOCs (No Objection Certificates).
- The RTO is responsible for administering driving exams and gathering information on the driver. In addition to this, it validates the categories of cars that are permitted.
- The RTO is responsible for performing routine checks on the state of the cars at regular intervals.
- By monitoring the pollution levels produced by vehicles on the road, the RTO can determine whether or not these automobiles contribute to environmental problems.
How to Get Vehicle Insurance in Uttar Pradesh
You can purchase vehicle insurance in UP, either online or offline. In the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, comprehensive or third-party liability insurance is obligatory for individuals. An insurance policy for a vehicle's third party protects if the driver causes the death or injury of a third party. On the other hand, a comprehensive auto insurance policy protects against any harm incurred by the driver, the vehicle, or any third party or property.
- It typically takes three days to register a car for a temporary permit, and the owner must start the process through the appropriate registering body.
- An application on Form 20 must be presented to the UP Parivahan UP Transport UP RTO to get a permanent registration for the vehicle. In addition to that, the registration cost needs to be paid.
Uttar Pradesh Vehicle Registration Process
The Transport Department also requires all vehicle owners in Uttar Pradesh to register their cars by filling out the right paperwork and paying the right application fees. It applies to all vehicle owners in the state.
The UP Parivahan UP Transport UP RTO requires the submission of the following documents from applicants:
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
- PUC certificate
- Vehicle insurance certificate
- Form 25
- Receipt of Fees
You need to complete the steps outlined below to register a car in the state of UP successfully:
- Pay a visit to the RTO with the documentation listed above.
- Send in the required paperwork to the UP Parivahan UP Transport UP RTO.
- The vehicle registration number issues are predicated on verifying the documents mentioned above.
The Function of RTO Uttar Pradesh
- Agreement Concerning Finance
- Changing hands on the vehicle's ownership
- Issuance of a No Objection Certificate (NOC) for Vehicle Registration in Another State
- The changeover to the use of a new registration mark
- Authorisations for driving motor vehicles
- The issuance of personalised license plates
- Renewal of driving licenses
- The introduction of a new category of automobiles
- Changes to the Driver's License
- International Permit to Drive
If you want to operate your vehicle in public locations in Uttar Pradesh, you must have third-party liability insurance following the Motor Vehicles Act of 1938. If you are driving a car without proper third-party insurance, you could face a fine of up to Rs. 5,000, up to three months in jail, or both of these consequences. It is expected that the authorities in Uttar Pradesh will do regular traffic checks to ensure that no cars are on the road without a valid and up-to-date car insurance policy.
Every state has its website for the RTO. On that page, you can make the necessary requests online by filling out the proper forms for vehicle registration, driver's licenses, and public utility cards, among other things. You can also get the mParivahan app for your phone or go to the UP Parivahan UP Transport UP RTO closest to you.
Park+ offers convenient online policies with significant price reductions that you can avail of for your car. You can use our toll-free number to report any claim. The location of the accident and other details about the damage will help the company figure out the loss and settle the customer's claim. An insurance policy that was purchased in Uttar Pradesh is valid throughout the entirety of India.