An initiative by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI), the FASTag card for vehicles is a way to make toll tax payments quick, cashless, and convenient for the citizens of the country. As soon as you buy FASTag, you can fix it to your car’s windscreen and cross over 600 toll plazas in India without stopping or causing congestion at the toll booths.
Watch this video to know how to check your FASTag balance on the Park+ app:
There are a number of easy ways in which you can check FASTag balance:
- Park+ App:
Download the Park+ App
Enter your mobile number and verify with OTP
Click on 'FASTag' button in the bottom bar
Now click on 'FASTag recharge'
Click on the 'View Balance' button in the top right
You can now see your available FASTag balance
- Park+ web:
Enter your vehicle number and click on proceed
Enter your mobile number and OTP to log in
Click on the 'View Balance' option in the top right
Now you will be able to see your available FASTag balance
Alternative ways of knowing your FASTag balance
- SMS: An alert is sent to your registered mobile number about your FASTag balance as soon as you’ve crossed a toll plaza and money is deducted from it.
- Email: Just like an SMS, you will also get an email about the balance in your FASTag wallet when you cross a toll plaza. It will tell you the amount remaining on your card.
- Phone: There is also a toll-free number to check FASTag balance. To check FASTag wallet balance details, all you need to do is give a missed call on +91-8884333331. The FASTag balance will be sent to your registered mobile number via a text message.
- Website: If your FASTag is linked to your bank account, you can visit the FASTag portal on the bank’s webpage or app, to check for the balance in your FASTag wallet.
- App: The ‘My FASTag’ provision provided by the app developed by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) lets you check FASTag balance by simply entering your vehicle registration number on it.
Now that you know how to recharge FASTag, here are a few things you should remember: - You should always maintain a minimum FASTag balance of anything between INR 100-200, In case your FASTag balance is low, your FASTag is at the risk of being delisted. - In case you have a delisted FASTag, you will have to pay double the toll amount at any toll plaza that accepts the FASTag card.
Therefore, you should timely check FASTag balance and recharge it in case you’re running low on money in your FASTag card.
There are more ways than one to check the FASTag wallet balance and recharge it online. It can be recharged offline through cheque, credit, or debit cards. However, to recharge FASTag online, you can use RTGS, NEFT, or even net banking.
To make the FASTag recharge online process easier, just visit FASTag Recharge Online. Enter your vehicle registration number and enter the payment amount to complete the process.