All You Want to Know About Karur Vysya Bank FASTag
The FASTag from Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) is an RFID-enabled tag that assists electronic toll collecting at toll plazas. It is a small rechargeable card that allows automated toll deduction without stopping at toll booths. FASTags are provided as part of the National Highway Authority of India's (NHAI) scheme for the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) on Indian roadways.
How does KVB FASTag work?
- KVB FASTag makes toll collection and payment a lot easier.
- Customers' debit cards/credit cards/e-wallets are linked to their KVB FASTag.
- The tag is attached to the car's windshield after being activated.
- The tag scanners read the tag with RFID technology when the car moves through the special FASTag sections at the toll plazas.
- And the appropriate toll price is automatically deducted from the associated prepaid account/e-wallet.
KVB FASTag saves time and fuel by allowing toll payment without stopping while travelling on the road. RFID tag scanners read the card, and fees are automatically deducted from the connected prepaid accounts.
- Easy Online management of the account
Customers of Karur Vysya Bank may manage their online FASTag account easily. Through KVB FASTag login, they may examine their account activity, recharges, and current balance.
Park+ is helpful for speedy recharges for KVB FASTag clients. Their webpage and app make it possible to recharge with only two clicks while on the go.
KVB FASTag subscribers receive quick SMS and e-mail notifications for each and every toll-related activity on their registered cellphone numbers. This comprises account balance alerts, recharges, payment history, etc.
Through its special corporate module, KVB offers its valued corporate clients an auto sweep-in wallet feature. This includes both transportation companies and fleet owners. According to the client's needs, the sweep-in cash is automatically moved from his current account to his KVB FASTag account.
What documents are needed when applying for a KVB FASTag?
When registering for a KVB FASTag, the customer must follow the bank's KYC norms. The bank will link the client's account to FASTag only if the necessary KYC papers are submitted.
The necessary documents are:
For Registered Automobiles
- A completed and signed KVB FASTag application form, as well as a passport-sized photograph of the car owner.
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
- Image of your automobile (Front and side view)
- KYC papers also include a PAN card, a driver's licence, an Aadhaar card, and a passport.
For Unregistered Automobiles
- KVB FASTag application form completed and signed.
- Passport-size photograph of the car owner.
- Copy of vehicle tax receipt (With Chassis number and Engine number).
- Image of a vehicle (Front and side view).
- KYC papers include either a PAN card, a driver's licence, an Aadhaar card, or your passport.
A limit of Rs 1 Lakh has been set by the bank in the KVB FASTag (prepaid) account at any given moment. However, there really is no monthly recharge limit.
How to get a Karur Vysya Bank FASTag?
KYB FASTag can be purchased online (through the website) or offline (via point of sale (POS) bank branches.
Online KVB FASTag Purchase:
- Go to the Karur Vysya Bank FASTag webpage.
- Hit the 'Apply' button, then the 'Proceed' button.
- It will take you to the KVB FASTag application form page.
- Fill up your professional and personal information in the appropriate tabs.
- Then, choose your identification and address proofs.
- Scan and submit the required document pictures.
- Enter your country information and agree to the 'Terms & Conditions.'
- The FASTag form will be processed after hitting the 'Submit' button.
Offline KVB FASTag Purchase:
- To find the closest point-of-sale (POS) facility, go to any Karur Vysya Bank branch or contact the bank's customer service.
- Bring the completed KVB FASTag application form, as well as the scanned and original copy of the car registration certificate (RC), vehicle picture, and passport-size photograph of the owner of the vehicle.
- Also, submit the KYC papers for the registered/unregistered car.
- Deposit the FASTag issuance fees and the security deposit.
- Following satisfactory verification, the bank's employee will attach the tag to the windshield of your car.
It is quite evident that a KVB FASTag can make a vehicle owner's life on a highway much easier as it makes the whole process of toll-paying a lot less cumbersome as compared to the traditional way of toll payment.