The MP transport department is responsible for ensuring public safety on the roads. But as a vehicle owner, what do you need to know about the department? Are you keeping up with the latest rules and regulations? Here are some things you should know.
RTO functions in MP
There are 10 main RTO offices in MP. The main duties and functions of this Governmental organization include
- Issuing new, permanent, learner's, international and duplicate licenses.
- Adding a different vehicle class to an already existing license
- Re-test scheduling for license applications and backlog entries for paper licenses
- Issuing as well as renewing motor vehicle registration certificates, changing the car's registration information, removing hypothecation, and granting fitness certificates for the vehicle
- Handling address changes for registration certificates
- Aiding owners of vehicles in the transfer of ownership
- Endorsing contracts for hire-purchase
- Granting permits for commercial and public vehicles
- Issuing permits for carriage and goods vehicle
- Authorizing taxis
- Cancelling permits
- Issuing No-Objection certificates
- Checking the vehicle's fitness for certification
- Issuing new and renewed fitness certificates
- Collection of challan or fine payments and road tax
Role Of MP RTO
While Buying a New Vehicle
Indian laws mandate every driver carry a legitimate driver's license. Also, there are certain documents that you need to buy a vehicle. These include:
- Original, as well as an attested copy of a document proving your nationality, identity, and residency
- Income proof or bank statements
- Passport size photographs
To apply for a license, you need to visit your nearest RTO. These are the steps involved in the issuance of a driver's license:
- You need to take a test. If you clear that, you will be given a learner's permit.
- After a period of time, you have to take another test. Additionally, this test determines whether you qualify for a permanent driver's license.
- Depending on vehicle use, different kinds of driver's licenses are issued.
Besides a driver's license, you need another important document called the RC (Registration Certificate) when you drive the vehicle. During the purchase of your vehicle, the MP RTO must be informed about the same. Besides issuing the RC to you, the MP RTO will also compile important details related to you and the vehicle. This is all in accordance with the provisions under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988.
After issuing the RC, you will receive a registration number. This number will also appear on your vehicle's number plate.
Post the Vehicle Purchase
The MP RTO's significance does not end after the registration process. Moreover, you need the RTO's help in case of vehicle-related emergencies, like .
- Misplacing or losing the RC documents: You must approach the RTO and request duplicate documents.
- Expiration of driver's license. For renewal, a trip to the MP RTO is required.
- Interstate transfer: If you are shifting to another Indian state, you will require a NOC from the MP RTO. This NOC (No Objection Certificate) is mandatory to drive in other states.
Getting Vehicle Details from MP Transport RTO with Park+
While you can visit the RTO website to extract vehicular information, there is a much better way to do this.
The Park+ app can help you with your vehicle-related needs. Whether you live in Madhya Pradesh or any other state, Park+ will assist you in viewing the of e-Challans, and getting details on the renewal date, address, expiration date, and driver's license. You can also check the status of vehicle RC and vehicle details like model number, chassis number, fuel type, and more.
To check your vehicle challan, download the Park+ app. Besides this, the app provides users with numerous other services. These include finding and booking parking, FASTag purchase, activation & recharge, car wash, and insurance services. Not only is Park+ quick and efficient, but it is also very easy to use.