What is SBI FASTag?
SBI FASTag is a 10x5 cm compact reloadable card that enables the automatic deduction of toll charges while driving through toll plazas. It is a quick, hassle-free, electronic toll payment system to facilitate cashless transactions and keep the toll plazas decongested.
How does SBI FASTag work?
SBI FASTags are linked to the customers’ prepaid accounts/savings accounts. The rectangular tags contain a chip and antenna inside multiple layers of high-quality paper. After activation, the card is affixed to the vehicle’s windscreen.
The tag readers at the toll plazas use Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology to process the information contained in the tag. When the vehicle drives through the dedicated FASTag lanes at the toll plaza, their linked bank accounts/wallets are automatically debited with the applicable toll charges.
Benefits of SBI FASTag:
Cashless payment: SBI FASTag eliminates the need to carry cash for toll charges. The payments are auto-debited from the linked prepaid accounts on the go. Also, the tags are interoperable. The same RFID tag is functional at multiple toll plazas. As of now, SBI FASTags work at 346 plus toll plazas across national highways in India. Under the NETC program, there are plans of adding more toll plazas to the list. You have access to your SBI FASTag online.
Quick travel: Automatic deduction of toll charges helps you travel faster, thus saving on fuel and time. The commuters don’t have to stop and wait in the long queues at toll plazas.
Easy recharge: For the SBI FASTag customers, Park+ comes in handy for quick recharges. Their website and app allow for a very simple two-click recharge process on the go.
SMS notifications: SBI FASTag users stay updated with the instant SMS notification facility by the bank. Bank customers get regular SMS alerts on their registered mobile number regarding toll transactions, low balances, recharges, etc.
Unlimited validity: SBI FASTag comes with unlimited validity and a 3-year guarantee. Afterward, if the card gets tampered with or torn, you can get it replaced at some additional cost.
How to buy SBI FASTag?
- Call the SBI helpline (1800 11 0018) or check the bank’s website for the list of Point-of-sale (POS)/agent locations at the toll plazas.
- Once you have located your nearest POS location, visit the same with the required documents. The vehicle for which you want the FASTag should also be there at the POS location.
- Fill out the application form to create a FASTag account with SBI.
- SBI bank’s POS representative will affix the FASTag on your vehicle’s windscreen.
- You will receive an SMS notification on your registered mobile number with a username and password
- Use the given credentials to log in to SBI FASTag customer web portal.
- You can manage/access your FASTag-related account activity (such as transaction history, recharges, and balances) using this SBI online customer portal.
What are the documents required for an SBI FASTag account application?
When you visit the bank’s POS location, you need to carry the following documents (both scanned and original) for verification:
- A duly filled and signed SBI FASTag application form
- Passport-size photograph of the vehicle owner
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle
- A valid driving license for address and identity proof
- Know your customer (KYC) documents (as per the category of the SBI FASTag account).
SBI FASTag customers can open their accounts in two categories:
- Full KYC Holders account: These SBI FASTag customers are allowed a maximum limit of INR 1 Lakh for their FASTag (prepaid) account. There is no monthly reload limit set for these accounts. Documents required: Minimum KYC information (ID proof, Address Proof, RC copy, and your photograph.)
- Limited KYC holder’s account: These SBI FASTag customers are allowed a maximum limit of INR 10,000 for their FASTag (Prepaid) account. Their monthly reload limit is also restricted to INR10,000. Documents required: Full KYC information (ID proof, address proof, RC copy, and your photograph.)
What are the fees/charges for SBI FASTag?
Issuance charges of the SBI tag are INR100, across all vehicle categories, inclusive of all applicable taxes. Other Charges are as mentioned in the table:
|Vehicle Class Number
|SRCar / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle
|Light Commercial Vehicle
|Three Axle Commercial Vehicles
|4 to 6 axle
|7 or More Axle
|Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME)
Source: SBI Bank
- The security amount is refundable at the time of closure of the RFID Tag account.
- Minimum Balance is the minimum recharge amount required at the time of RFID tag activation.
Benefits of using [Park+ SBI FASTag recharge
- Park + FASTag recharge is available both on their app and website, hence very convenient to use.
- FASTag bought through Park + can also be used at fuel pumps, society gates, corporate gates, and parking lots
- Park+ also enables cashless parking at select parking spots in the country.
- You can also check your tag balance on the Park+ app or website
How to activate SBI FASTag?
You need to submit your FASTag application form along with the KYC documents and vehicle documents to enable activation. After verification of the documents, your FASTag will be automatically activated.
How to Login to an SBI FASTag account online?
SBI FASTag Customer Login: Retail customers can access their SBI FASTag account online. The FASTag customer account is created at the time of purchase of the tag. The user can sign in to his online account using the login ID and password sent to the registered mobile number of the vehicle owner. This digital account gives him access to all his FASTag-related transactions.
SBI FASTag Agent Login: SBI FASTag agents or POS representatives can also access their SBI agent portals online by logging in with their mobile number and password.
Check FASTag balance using the Park+ app:
SBI FASTag customers can check their tag account balance the easiest way using the Park+ app.
- Download the Park+ app and sign up to create your account
- Go to the ‘FASTag’ tab and click on ‘FASTag recharge’
- Enter your vehicle number and proceed, you will be able to see your FASTag balance on the top of screen
- Click on it to get an overview of your SBI FASTag balance.
Check Balance using SBI FASTag customer portal:
- Visit the SBI FASTag website
- FASTag SBI Login with your username and password.
- Choose the FASTag from the list (If you have multiple tags for your vehicles)
- View ‘FASTag balance’. Check Balance using MyFASTag mobile app
MyFASTag is the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)’s mobile application for FASTag users.
- Download the ‘My FASTag App’ from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Enter your log-in information.
- View your FASTag account balance
Check FASTag balance using SMS:
All the registered SBI bank customers, get notified through SMS on their registered mobile number regarding their FASTag transactions including toll payments, recharges, and FASTag account balances.
Check FASTag Balance using Customer Care Helpline:
If your mobile number is registered with the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) prepaid balance, you can check your FASTag balance by giving a missed call to a toll-free number 91-8884333331
Alternatively, you can also call SBI customer care (1800110018) to know your account balance.