Now, zip through Yamuna expressway toll plaza with FASTag!
FASTag is now being implemented on the Yamuna Expressway toll plaza from June 15 of, 2021. This implementation of FASTag has reduced much stress alongside the express highway to commuters from both sides of the toll plaza.
FASTag is an RFID passive tag that allows users to pay for tolls directly from their associated prepaid or savings/current bank account.
Now, Vehicle owners can say adios to serpentine queues using their FASTag. All four wheels and above vehicle owners are requested to purchase FASTag to pass through the toll booth swiftly. Moreover, there are separate FASTag lanes for those who have purchased FASTag for cars. Now users can commute from Point A to Point B without waiting in a long queue.
The IDBI bank will serve as the acquiring bank and will be in charge of toll collection for seven years and its related processes for the different projects of toll plazas. Earlier, Officials from the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) were quoted in a PTI statement.
With effect from January 1, 2021, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways mandated the implementation of FASTag in the �M' and �N' categories of motor vehicles.
A motor vehicle with at least four wheels used for carrying passengers is classified as category �M,' whereas a motor vehicle with at least four wheels used for carrying goods, which may also transport people, is classified as category �N.'
Now let me give you a short walk-through of how a Toll Plaza works, its pricing structure for the Vehicles.
How FASTag toll plaza works:
- Using FASTag toll plazas is time-consuming and convenient.
- You don�t need to stop at the FASTag toll plazas and pay the toll fees at the counter.
- The Toll payments are captured and read using FASTag�s RFID technology (Radio-frequency identification) and deduct money automatically from your bank account with different Toll plaza rates.
The pricing structure of Yamuna Expressway:
The Yamuna Expressway toll has its pricing structure. It comes with a 165kms long express highway that connects Noida and Agra and is managed and maintained by Jaypee Infratech.
The Pricing structure of Yamuna expressway toll rates would range from:
|Car & Jeep
|Light Commercial Vehicles
|Two Wheels & Three Wheels
Now, do you want to know more about How to activate FASTag and How to recharge FASTag online?
How to activate FASTag:
Park+ application is available on iOS App Store and Google Play Store.
- Download Park+.
- After logging in with your credentials, select the FASTag section under the �Product� section
- Scan the Barcode to Activate FASTag, Vehicle Registration Number, Full Name, Date of Birth, and car RC, and Click Activate FASTag.
Watch the full video for a better understanding.
How to recharge FASTag online:
- Park+ application is available on iOS App Store and Google Play Store.
- Download Park+ on your cell phone.
- After logging in with your credentials, select the services section.
- Select the FASTag recharge option and enter your vehicle number linked with FASTag. Now enter the recharge amount and pay using your preferred mode of payment.
Watch the full video to know better.