Nowadays, highway commuting saves us a lot of time, and this has been made possible as National HighwaysToll booths across the country are now integrated with a device known as FASTag that allows them to collect toll charges online. These tags are designed to be placed on the windscreen of the vehicle. FASTag enables commuters to pass through toll booths without stopping the car to pay the toll charge.
The Ministry of Transportation has authorized licensed banks to provide and manage RFID-enabled FASTags. Kotak Mahindra Bank is one of these banks. One can apply for a FASTag online at Kotak Bank's official website using Kotak FasTag login.
Let's look at ways to avail yourself of Kotak FASTag, the costs associated with it, Kotak FasTag recharge options, and more.
How does a Kotak Bank FASTag work?
It is a component of the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC), which was started by NPCI and is managed by the NHAI and IHMCL. The toll gate tag scanner uses RFID to detect the FASTag and debit the payment from the Kotak FasTag prepaid account or e-wallet.
Process of Buying Kotak NETC FASTag Online :
The following is the procedure for doing so online:
- Log on to the Kotak bank FASTag customer web portal.
- Select 'Apply' Now.
- Complete the online application form by entering your details and vehicle information.
- Select 'Continue' after uploading a copy of your ID proof when asked.
- On the next screen, click 'Confirm 'Application' and then pay the fee for your vehicle, which is defined by its classification.
- The FASTag will be sent to the address once it has been validated and approved.
How to buy Kotak FASTag offline ?
To obtain a Kotak Mahindra bank FASTag offline, complete these steps:
At NETC Toll Booth
If you want to buy a Kotak FASTag, you can do so at a NETC-operated toll booth nearby with a POS counter. When visiting the same, one must have all of the necessary paperwork, including
- the driver's license,
- vehicle registration document,
- self-attested copies of your KYC documents, and
- the car for which the FASTag is being applied.
At Kotak Bank Branch:
Consider contacting one of the agents or Kotak bank executives, who will guide you through the application procedure. Below is the set of documents required to obtain Kotak Mahindra FASTag at the branch
- Certificate of Registration for your car
- Passport size photographs
- KYC documentation, including proof of identity and address.
Charges for Kotak Mahindra Bank FASTag
The INR100 fee for the Kotak Mahindra Bank FASTag applies to all vehicle classes and includes all necessary taxes. The following charges are as follows:
|NPCI Vehicle Class||Description||Tag Color||Tag Deposit||Threshold amount|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van||Violet||200||200|
|4||Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||Violet||200||200|
|5||Light Commercial vehicle 2-axle||Orange||300||200|
|7||Bus 2-axle / Mini-Bus||Green||400||300|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with trailer||Pink||500||300|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||Blue||500||300|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||Black||500||300|
Kotak Bank FASTag Recharge
To make e-toll payments, the Kotak FASTag prepaid wallet will need to be recharged regularly. Kotak FASTag recharge is possible with a few simple steps, using any of the below options:
Kotak FASTag recharge using Park+ webpage
In just a few simple steps, Park+ provides a simple and efficient option to recharge Kotak Bank FASTag. Below are the steps involved:
- Go to thePark+ webpage.
- On the home page, click on the products tab at the top. It will open a drop-down menu with several options.
- Click on the FASTag option.
- On the next screen, click on the Recharge FASTag option.
- Enter the vehicle registration number or car chassis number. Park+ will verify the FASTag issuing Bank, such as Kotak Bank.
- After the FASTag account has been verified, enter the recharge amount and process the payment.
Kotak FASTag recharge using Kotak Mobile app
Recharging the Kotak FASTag wallet with the Kotak MobileBanking App is simple.
- login to Kotak Mobile Banking app.
- In the Cards or Pay & Transfer sections, select the FASTag icon. The current FASTag Balance, Linked Vehicles with Status, and 10 Recent Transactions may all be found here.
- Select the recharge Now option. Enter the recharge amount.
- Choose the account to be debited and make the payment.
- Once the payment is made, the user will receive a message as a confirmation.
Recharging Kotak Bank FASTag using Bharat Bill Pay
- Visit the BillPay/Recharge section of the Kotak Mobile Banking App or Kotak Net Banking.
- Choose 'Kotak Bank - FASTag' as the biller name.
- Enter the Vehicle Registration Number and the Recharge Amount, then Confirm & Pay.
- The amount will appear in the wallet immediately after a successful transaction.
Recharging Kotak FASTag using NETC FASTag Portal
Recharge the FASTag wallet by logging into the FASTag Customer Portal
- Go to Kotak FASTag Customer Portal.
- Login with the registered mobile number.
- Click on 'Recharge'.
- Enter the recharge amount & select the desired payment method, Debit/Credit Card Net Banking, or UPI
- Click on Proceed to pay.
- On a successful transaction, the amount will immediately reflect in the wallet.
Kotak Bank FASTag Balance Check
There are several ways to check Kotak Bank FASTag balance. Let's look at them in detail.
FASTag Balance check through the Park+ app:
It offers a convenient way to check Kotak Bank FASTag balance in a few clicks. Follow the process below to get balance details.
- Login into the Park+ app and go to the services section.
- Select the FASTag Recharge option from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the vehicle number linked with FASTag and click on proceed.
- Click "view balance" next to the vehicle number on the next screen.
- The current Kotak Bank FASTag balance will appear on the screen.
Benefits of Kotak FASTag
- It saves time as commuters don't need to wait in long queues.
- With reduced or no waiting time, fuel savings have shot up.
- There is no need to worry about carrying exact changes for toll tax payments. Online deductions take care of it.
- SMS alerts to ensure that registered users are informed of every toll booth deduction.
- Detailed FASTag statements are accessible at the FASTag customer portal to keep track of toll tax paid.
- Online recharge makes top-up easy and convenient.
- FASTag customers at Kotak Bank can apply for the tag online.
FASTags have transformed toll booth operational processes, significantly enhancing the efficiency with which payments are processed and allowing vehicles to commute through tolls without having to stop for payments.