The Motorized Vehicles Act and Rules are implemented by the Andhra Pradesh RTO Department, along with tax collection. The RTO Department is primarily responsible for regulating the Road Traffic Act in the state, collecting motor vehicle taxes, maintaining road safety, and controlling air and noise pollution, according to the numerous sections of the following acts and regulations.
How Do I Get Vehicle Registration Number in Andhra Pradesh?
Form RRMA to the appropriate RTO body to obtain a fancy car registration number. A registration number may be reserved via the RRMA form. When an application is received, it will be called either alphabetically or according to its series number.
Types of Vehicle Registration in Andhra Pradesh?
You can choose between temporary and permanent registration for your car based on your needs. The provisional registration is only suitable for 30 days. You have a six-month extension option. Fill out Form 20 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules of 1989 instructions. Verify that you are applying in the space marked "temporary." You'll receive a temporary registration license after verification.
Important Document: You Should Know
- a Copy of Vehicle Sale Receipt
- A Copy of Vehicle Fitness Certificate
- A Copy of Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- If the Vehicle is a Trailer, Copy of the Design Approval of STA
- The Dealer's Original Certification Would be a Duplicate if the Army Previously Owned the Car.
- If the Vehicle was Imported, a Replica of the Certification of Clearing Customs.
- Unless exempted, all necessary fees.
A Motor Vehicle's application for permanent registration must be submitted in Form 20 to the RTO Office within seven days of the vehicle's delivery date, excluding the time spent traveling.
- Form 21 sales certification
- Roadworthiness Certification from the Producers on Form 22 (Form 22A Part II from the body builder duly mentioned in the form itself)
- Certificate of Pollution under Control
- Current insurance certificate
- Address proof (Ration Card, Electricity Bill)
- In the event of a Trailer or Semi-Trailer, a design approval version of STA
- Original Form 21 Sales Certificate for ex-army vehicles from the relevant authorities
- In the event of imported vehicles, the customs clearance certificate
Procedure for Registering a Car in Andhra Pradesh
Step 1: Submit the Application
Within seven days of acquiring the car, you must send the vehicle registration request to the district transport office to begin the registration procedure.
Step 2: Present the Necessary Documents
The certificate of sale for a motor vehicle is Form 21. This document attests to your ownership of the car.
- Certificate of Roadworthiness
The roadworthiness certificate attests to your car being secure enough to be driven in public without endangering the driver or other road users.
- PUC Certification
Your vehicle's Pollution under Control (PUC) Certificate verifies that its pollution levels are below the legal threshold.
- Insurance Policy
You are required by law to obtain car insurance to register your car and to be able to drive on Indian roads.
- Ownership Proof via Address
The government requires this document to confirm and keep track of the owner.
Step 3: Pay the Enrollment Fees
When your request and supporting documentation are ready, you must get the registration money ready.
Step 4: Pay the Road Tax
Numerous factors are considered when determining a new car's road tax.
Vehicle Ownership Transfer in Andhra Pradesh
The AP RTO office where the car is registered is where the change of possession application must be submitted. The heir of the car must apply if the registered owner passes away, along with the necessary supporting documentation. In Andhra Pradesh, you can apply online to transfer ownership of a car through: If you're using it in person, here are the documents required for completing the ownership.
Form 29, Form 30, and Form 28 In the event of a vehicle sale.
Form 31 - If the vehicle owner passes away.
In case of a public auction, complete Form 32.
Additionally, application forms are available at the relevant official website.
Process for Temporary Vehicle Registration in Andhra Pradesh?
An auto dealer offers a provisional vehicle registration number. A temporary registration number is given for 30 days when a car is purchased. During this time, the vehicle owner must submit a request for a permanent registration number. For permanent vehicle registration, the documentation must be presented along with the necessary tax and cost.
How do I register another state car to Andhra Pradesh?
If you bought a used car from another state, you could register it at the AP RTO by presenting the listed documentation.
- Request for No Objection Certificate and Grant of Certificate, Form 28.
- A certified replica of the certificate of registration.
- Road tax payment proof documents. This is only applicable to commercial cars.
- The current insurance policy for the car.
- The car has a valid PUC certificate.
- NOC from the traffic cops confirming there are no outstanding fees or fines.
- NOC from the lending institution if the vehicle is hypothecated.
AP Transport Department's duties
The following are the primary responsibilities and functions of the AP RTO Department.
1) Motor vehicle registration
Obtaining and renewing a trade certificate
Registering a new vehicle and supplying an extract from the B-register (Registration Details)
Noting the address change
Transfer of car ownership
Renewing the registration certificate for personal vehicles other than those used for transportation, such as motorbikes, cars, and jeeps
Vehicles' fitness certificates renewal
Providing a certificate of clearance and no objections
Double certificate of registration
New registration document
Repayment of the life tax
Release of car records and surrender
RC cancellation and scrapping
2) Licensing for drivers and conductors
3) Providing permits for cargo and passenger vehicles
4) Collecting taxes on motor vehicles
5) Enforcing motor vehicle laws and regulations
6) Observing and maintaining highway security measures
7) Implementing measures to reduce vehicle emissions
In Andhra Pradesh, a vehicle must be registered at the AP RTO office before being given a registration number. Any vehicle must be registered in a state's RTO before it can be used in public, according to the 1988 Motor Vehicles Act.
Still, if you have any questions or doubts, visit India's leading RTO vehicle information platform, Park+ which will assist you in the RTO process.