An e-challan is an electronic version of a traffic challan that you get when someone disobeys traffic rules. Surat city traffic police issues e-challans without the need for actual police personnel presence. E-challan Surat is issued to anyone if they are detected breaking any traffic laws by surveillance cameras.
If one receives an e-challan in Surat, the next step would be to verify it on the Surat Traffic Police Department's e-challan portal for further traffic challan enquiry. Anyone can check their pending challan online rather than going to a police station or government office. Let's look at the specifics of Surat e-challans, including tracking their status and how to go about paying them.
Fines for Breaking Traffic Rules in Surat
|Driving without license
|₹ 2,000 for two-wheelers and ₹ 3,000 for four-wheelers
|Driving unregistered vehicles
|₹ 1,000 for two-wheelers, ₹ 3,000 for four-wheelers and ₹ 5,000 for larger vehicles
|Obstructing emergency vehicle
|Disobeying traffic lights
|Fines between ₹ 1,000 and ₹ 5,000 and/or imprisonment from 6 months to 1 year
|Driving without PUC certificates
|₹ 1,000 for two-wheelers, and ₹ 3,000 for other vehicles
|Wrong side driving
|₹ 3,000 for light motor vehicles, and ₹ 5,000 for heavy vehicles
|Driving under the influence of alcohol
|₹ 10,000 and/or 6 months imprisonment which can be extended to ₹ 15,000 and/or 2 years imprisonment for subsequent offense.
|Minor driving a registered vehicle
|₹ 25,000 fine with imprisonment of up to 3 years
|Riding a two-wheeler without a helmet
|Driving a four-wheeler without seatbelt
|Overloading on two-wheelers
|Talking on the phone while driving
Electronic Payment of Surat e-challan
If you received an e-challan, settling it off is now reasonably easy, thanks to the implementation of the e-challan Gateway. This is how to pay an e challan issued by the Surat city traffic police through the internet.
- Visit the Surat Traffic Police's E challan webpage.
- Enter the vehicle's license plate number.
- Here you can view any outstanding surat e challans.
- If none are presented, you do not have any outstanding e challans.
- A list of all e-challans will be indexed for every offense, date, Challan Number, Offense Category, Location of the Offense, Fine Amount, and Payment Status.
- One nowadays can pay the Surat e challan electronically using any preferred form of payment, including credit and debit cards, as well as Online banking.
Once the payment is made, an online receipt will be generated.
Alternate payment method
You can also pay your Surat city e challan by visiting the national Parivahan website and following the steps below.
- Visit the Parivahan Website.
- Enter your username and password, then enter the captcha code and Submit.
- On the next page, enter the vehicle number, e-challan number, or driver's license number and fill out the captcha.
- The pending Surat city e-challan will be revealed next.
- Verify your cell phone with an OTP.
- The Surat RTO memo details will be displayed in the next stage.
Complete the e-challan payment. Following payment, an online receipt will be generated. The receipt can be preserved for future use.
Ways to Check the status of Surat e-challan
Surat E- Challan status can be checked in a few simple steps using park+ website
- Go to Park+ website,
- On the home page click on the products tab available at the top.
- It will open a drop down menu with several options
- Click on the challan option under Customers Tab.
- Click on "Check Challan".
- On the next screen enter the vehicle registration number. Click on get challan details.
- Look for an update button and click it to be prompted to 'Update now.'
Challan status can be viewed on the next page.
Using parivahan app or website:
- Visit the Parivahan website to check the status of your RTO challan in Surat.
- Enter username and password.
- Enter the e-challan number and fill the captcha.
- Click on get details.
Current status of the e-challan will be displayed next.
Using Gujarat e-challan app:
- Install the Gujarat e-challan App as the first step.
- Enter your vehicle's license plate number and click 'Get details.'
The list of paid and outstanding e-challans will now appear.
With the introduction of e-challan services and payments, it has become highly convenient for people to address challan hassles. This flexibility, however, should not be misinterpreted as an encouragement to be more lenient with traffic offenses, which are in place for our safety. While one should try to be at our best responsible behavior as a driver, having a framework in place is also essential.