Maharashtra is the first state with an integrated E- challan system. As per the Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Act 2019, the Government of Maharashtra implemented a hike in the penalty for various traffic offences. With this act, people who break traffic rules can be prevented from doing so.
What is Maharashtra E- challan?
E- challan issued by the Maharashtra government is advanced digital documentation of traffic violation penalties that have to be paid. The handheld devices with multiple service providers which belong to state traffic police and helps them to detect the violators easily.
The vehicle registration number, contact details, and address of the violators can be easily detected from the RTOs. An SMS will be sent to the person's contact number with the details of the fine and challan. If a traffic challan is issued, the person is liable to pay the fine either online or offline.
How to check the status of Maharashtra e-Challan online?
If you have misplaced the e-Challan sent to you or deleted the challan SMS received from the RTO accidentally, you can still check your challan details online by using either the Vehicle number or Challan number.
You can check the details of E-challan by using either Park+ Website/ Parivahan Website.
Check the status of Maharashtra E- challan by using the Parivahan Website
- Visit the Parivahan Website.
- Enter challan/vehicle number and chassis number or engine number and DL number.
- If you have pending fines, the list of e-challan will be displayed.
- Click on any challan to check its status.
If you have no fine and e-challan against you, then a dialogue box with ' A challan Not Found' will appear.
Check status using Park+ Website
- Visit Maharashtra e-challan on Park+ website.
- Enter your vehicle number and click on Get Challan Details button.
- Challan status can be viewed on the next page.
How to pay Mumbai Traffic Challan?
A person can pay a fine either online or offline.
How to pay Maharashtra E- challan offline?
You can choose either of these two alternatives for paying Maharashtra E challan offline:
- Visit any nearby police station along with your Driving License, Address, Identity proof, and Traffic violation challan. Get a receipt after paying your fine in cash.
- Locate a state traffic cop with a handheld E- challan payment gadget. Swipe your debit or credit card to make an instant cashless payment.
How to pay Maharashtra E- challan online?
There are 2 alternative ways that you can follow to pay e challan online:
1. ### Pay Maharashtra E- challan online using State Challan Portal
- Visit the Maharashtra e-challan payment website.
- Enter either vehicle or challan number to proceed.
- After entering the vehicle number, the last four digits of the engine chassis number have to be added.
- You will be redirected to a new page that will display the information about the challan.
- Choose the appropriate payment methods from the given options.
- After payment, you will receive a confirmation message along with the transaction ID. Your Mumbai traffic challan payment is successful now.
2. ### Pay e-challan using Parivahan Website
- Visit Parivahan Website.
- Enter your Vehicle number, Challan number, and Driving Licence number.
- Enter the Captcha code and click on the 'Get detail' tab.
- A new page will open where the list of E- challans is displayed. Select one to make the payment.
- Your offence details along with the pending fines are displayed.
- Click on 'Pay Now' and proceed with the payment.
- Choose the mode of payment.
- Once the payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation message along with the transaction ID.
The Maharashtra government has made a commitment to reducing the traffic offences in the state by quick detection of traffic offences and penalizing the offenders on the spot. The E-challan payments have made it easy for the government to collect the penalties too.