Andhra Pradesh E-challan Online Payments
The Andhra Pradesh government introduced a digital alternative to pay challan to create transparency and eliminate corruption. Payments made through an online transaction channel go straight to the government's account. AP challan generated by the traffic police or integrated CCTV cameras, is notified directly to the central server in the traffic control room and subsequently available on the official website.
The online service assists the traffic police in tracking vehicles on the road in the event of a violation and provides a quick way for violators to pay their dues and perform ap e challan check to verify their status.
Andhra Pradesh's Traffic Rule Violations and Penalties
Proper understanding and knowledge of rules and regulations are necessary to avoid breaking the law and getting fined by the traffic police. According to the new Motor Vehicles Act of 2019, here is an updated list of traffic fines in Andhra Pradesh.
|Fines Imposed by the AP Government
|Talking on mobile while driving
|1,000 for the first offence and 10,000 for the subsequent offence
|Riding without helmet
|Driving without seatbelt
|Violating parking rules
|500 for the first offence and 1,500 for the second offence
|Not giving way to emergency vehicles, like ambulances and fire brigades
|Driving without licence
|Violating speed limits
|10,000 and/or 6 months imprisonment which can be extended to 15,000 and/or 2 years imprisonment for subsequent offence
|Minor driving a registered vehicle
|25,000 along with imprisonment of up to 3 years
|Not obeying traffic lights
|Fines between 1,000 and 5,000 and/or imprisonment from 6 months to 1 year
|Selling a vehicle after making illegal modifications
|5,000 per modification
|Not having third-party insurance
|1. First offence: 2,000 and/or three months of imprisonment 2. Subsequent offences: 4,000 and/or three months of imprisonment
Paying traffic e-challans online in Andhra Pradesh:
Online payment of AP Traffic E Challans via the official payment gateway
- Go to the Andhra Pradesh Police AP E-challan website, the menu will be displayed.
- Enter the vehicle's license plate number
- Feed the Captcha security code
- When you click Search Now, the challan details for the vehicle will appear on the screen.
- Choose the unpaid Challan.
- Make online payment. Following payment, users will receive confirmation of the amount paid to the AP Traffic Police.
Online payment of AP Traffic E Challans via the Parivahan Website
- Go to the official Parivahan website.
- Scroll down to the 'Get Challan Details' option, located beneath the 'Submit' button.
- Type the challan number, vehicle number, or driver's license number into the box provided.
- Select the pending e-challans from the list of e-challans available on the page.
- A confirmation receipt will be received after making a successful e-challan payment.
Offline payment of challans
One can pay challan fines offline if a traffic infringement message or letter is received. The challan can be paid at a nearby traffic police station.
AP E-challan Complaints
Manual errors are common in such an engaging space between the AP police and traffic violators. It may result in misleading information that must be addressed. As a result, the website establishes an online connection with visitors through the complaint section. The complaint section is an important component to ensure any irrelevant or legal issues are sorted out.
- The complaints tab is located on the top right corner of the AP e-challan official page
- When users click on the complaints option, they'll see a complaint form asking for type of complaint and other relevant details..
- Fill the relevant complaint type.
- Enter the vehicle number, name, phone number, and email address.
- Click on submit to register the complaint.
Benefits of online e-challan and its most Important Features
- E-challan provides access to complete and updated information regarding issued (pending or paid) challans to the commuter and the traffic police.
- The AP e-challan web portal has a single portal link to benefit stakeholders such as the police, road transport, and the state government. This way the entire setup becomes transparent and convenient. Relevant information is readily available for reference.
- The payment gateway link can be used on a computer, laptop, or mobile app that runs on Android or Apple.
- A traffic offender can pay using E-wallets or UPI from any location and at any time.
- It saves time and gas as it eliminates the need to travel to a physical location to pay a traffic fine.
- It has brought down the use of paper hence helping to save trees.
- Better traffic control.
- For verifications, the e-challan issuing equipment accepts DigiLocker documents.
Online traffic challan status allows all parties to keep track of the status of all issued challans. It provides clear and rapid access to all challan information. Overall, all parties involved, save time and effort."