SUV cars have recently gained popularity among car buyers in India. Indian car market saw hatchbacks ruling the sales charts, but now it is dominated by SUVs. The reason behind such popularity is because of its features. SUVs provide luxurious interiors, higher seating capacity, spacious boot space and many others that have attracted car consumers at large. Having said that, there is a list of SUV cars manufactured by different automobile companies. Let’s look at some of the top SUV cars in India developed by ace automakers.
Top SUV Cars In India
Here is a list of SUV cars from Mahindra, Hyundai, and Maruti.
Launched in June 2022, the new Scorpio-N is available in five variants and comes in six and seven-seat configurations. The Scorpio-N car comes in both petrol and diesel engines.
• Price: The petrol-variant car model price is anywhere between Rs 11 lakhs and Rs 21 lakhs. On the other hand, the Scorpio-N diesel model starts from Rs 12 lakhs.
• Mileage: In the city, the SUV petrol model offers a mileage of 10 Kmpl and on highways, it offers 12 Kmpl. The Scorpio-N diesel model gives a mileage of 15 Kmpl in the city whereas, on highways, it offers 18 Kmpl.
• Exterior: Scorpio-N comes in seven colors including everest white, silver, red, black, and others. The car features LED projector headlamps, new alloy wheels, and vertically stacked LED lights giving Scorpio a visually appealing look.
• Interior: The interior of the car is simple and straightforward. It offers spacious seats with enough legroom. The car is equipped with a touchscreen infotainment system, electric sunroof, dual-zone climate control, a good music system, and others.
Hyundai is one of the top automakers in India. When the company launched Santro, it became an instant hit among Indian middle-class families. Today, Hyundai Creta is ruling the Indian SUV car segment. According to various reports, Creta is rated among the top 3 bestselling SUV cars in India. Hyundai Creta comes in seven variants among which Hyundai Creta E is the basic model. The Hyundai Creta SX Opt Turbo is the top model. Creta comes in three engines - petrol, diesel, and turbocharged petrol.
• Price: The price of Hyundai Creta starts approximately from Rs 10 lakhs and goes till Rs 18 lakhs.
• Mileage: Hyundai Creta petrol version gives a mileage of approximately 17 Kmpl. On the other hand, the diesel version gives a mileage of approximately 21 Kmpl.
• Exterior: The Creta has not got any major upgrades visually. It features LED headlights, tail lamps, and DRLs. In addition to this, higher spec variants come with multiple 16 and 17-inch alloy wheels.
• Interior: Just like the exteriors, the interiors also have no major upgrades. The car includes Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, ventilated seats, a touchscreen infotainment system, Bose sound system, and others.
Maruti Brezza is among the top SUV cars in India. Brezza is a five-seater car that is available in four variants - Lxi, Vxi, Zxi, and Zxi+. It has good boot space that offers enough space to carry huge luggage.
• Price: Maruti Brezza's price starts from Rs 7.99 lakhs and reaches upto Rs 13 lakhs approximately.
• Mileage: The car offers a mileage of approximately 17 Kmpl.
• Exterior: The exteriors feature new front and rear bumpers, fog light, LED projector headlamps, 16-inch dual-tone alloy wheels, and others.
• Interior: The interiors of the car come with an electronic sunroof, 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Head-Up Display, six airbags, and others.
Let’s see the comparison between the three SUVs - Scorpio-N (Z2 Petrol MT 7 STR), Creta (E Petrol), and Brezza (LXI).
Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Hyundai Creta Vs Maruti Brezza
• When speaking of price, Maruti Brezza is cheaper than the other SUV cars.
• Maruti Brezza driver’s seat is 8-way manually adjustable. Similarly, Creta’s driver seat is also 8-way manually adjustable. On the other hand, the Scorpio-N driver’s seat is 6-way manually adjustable.
• Hyundai Creta offers a driver's armrest whereas the other two cars don’t.
• Scorpio and Brezza offer front and rear headrests whereas Creta offers only front headrests.
• Brezza provides two years of manufacturer warranty. On the other hand, both Creta and Scorpio offer three years of manufacturer warranty.
SUVs have gained massive popularity in India in recent years. Its appealing exteriors and luxurious interiors are some of the reasons for its popularity. There are many SUV models available in the market. This article details a list of SUV cars that are considered among the top in the SUV segment.
If you plan to buy the above SUV cars in future and require car-related services, download the Park+ App. The app offers services such as car booking slots, e-challan payments, RTO-related information, and many others.