In today’s date, car buyers are mostly focused on the swanky exterior and technological features that manufacturers have to offer. Yet there are some buyers who are more keen towards finding a model with good mileage. Automobile enthusiasts cannot deny that mileage is the key determining factor while purchasing a car. Furthermore, the exponentially rising graph of petrol prices makes it hard to overlook the mileage factor.
The best cars for petrol in the Indian automobile market.
• Maruti Celerio: Launched in the year 2014, Maruti Celerio continues to be the poster child for fuel efficiency and a favorite of first-time buyers. Celerio's VXi AMT has the highest fuel economy at 26.68 Kilometres per liter (Kpl), closely followed by the ZXi and ZXi+ AMT models at 26 Kpl. The 1.0L petrol engine generates 67Ps of power and 89Nm of torque. It is paired with a 5-speed manual or AMT gearbox for smooth transmission. The least expensive Maruti Celerio variant is the LXI model. It is priced at 5.25 Lakh INR while the most expensive variant is the Maruti Celerio ZXI Plus AMT which is priced at 7.00 Lakh INR.
• ALTO 800: Smart and petite, Maruti Alto 800 was brought into the market for middle-class dreamers. More economical and slightly smaller than the Celerio, the ALTO 800 makes it to the list of the best petrol cars. It offers a mileage of 24 (Kpl), approximately. Priced at 3 lakhs INR, the ALTO 800 has been a worthy successor to the reliable Maruti 800. It has a 0.8 L petrol engine that produces 48PS and 69Nm of torque, making it an impactful choice for many.
• Maruti Suzuki Ignis: Flaunting a unique front and wide rear, Maruti Suzuki Ignis is here to impress. Ignis has enjoyed steady attention since the past six years. It is a 5 seater hatchback car that is available within a price range of 5.35 Lakh INR to 7.72 Lakh INR. You can expect a mileage of 20-21 Kpl on highways. The 1.2 L K-series engine makes it a favorable petrol car.
Other high mileage petrol cars
• Datsun Redi-Go: The competition between Datsun and Alto has always been neck-to-neck as it arrived in India at a time when Alto was selling like hotcakes. Datsun Redi-Go is not very popular with the masses, but that hasn’t restricted its entry to the list of the best petrol cars of 2022. It offers a fuel-economy of 22 Kpl and has a price range of 3.83 to 4.95 lakhs INR. The exterior is sleek, and the interiors are more spacious than the Alto. Redi-Go is an underrated pick which can surely be explored by entry-level buyers.
• Renault Kwid: Launched in 2015, Kwid was a pawn at Renault’s end to compete with Maruti’s hatchback knights. Sharing the commonality of two engines like the Datsun Redi-Go, Renault Kwid is another car to look out for while hunting for the “best cars for petrol”. It has a 1.0L petrol engine and delivers a mileage of 22.4 Kpl. The Renault Kwid has a fairly decent customer base than the Datsun Redi-Go and is priced at around 6 lakhs INR.
Ditching Diesel cars for the Best Petrol Cars in the market
Roads of cities like Delhi NCR, Gurugram, and Noida, once upon a time swarmed with diesel cars. The rise of pollution inspired many to ditch diesel cars and opt for fuel-efficient petrol cars. Consequently, such cities witnessed a hike in petrol cars in the past half-decade. The steady rise in car consumerism has led to parking issues and traffic queues at toll booths. Thankfully, there is a super app called Park+ App that will help you avoid such time-consuming inconveniences. It will come in handy while seeking parking reservations, making receipt payments, or topping the FASTag recharge.
If you are regular on the road and constantly face the hassle of finding parking areas, this app will help you find a spot within a very short time. The app is user-friendly and highly convenient. It will keep you updated with real-time fuel rates in different cities and the latest car news. You can also book deep cleaning/washing services and find dependable insurance plans through the Park+ FASTag app.