The Regional Transport Office handles all transport-related responsibilities in India, including environmental inspections, infractions, and even vehicle tax. Vehicle owners can visit their nearest RTO centres to complete official vehicle-related tasks. However, ensure you are well aware of your objectives before approaching an RTO.
Why do you need to visit the RTO office near you?
Although most RTO tasks can now be completed digitally, many prefer visiting their nearest RTO. Below are some situations in which you will have to look up an�RTO office near me:
- Vehicle registration: You must visit the RTO to register any new or used cars. In the case of a preowned car, you also have to visit an RTO office to change the vehicle's ownership.
- Driving license: Your nearest RTO is responsible for issuing driver's licenses, including learner's licenses. It would be best to physically visit the RTO for driving tests and get your driving license. Individuals have two options for renewing their license: they can apply Online or visit the RTO.
- Tax Payment: Another reason to stop by the RTO office near you is to pay taxes. A stipulated road tax amount has to be paid by every car owner in a financial year. While there's the provision of paying this tax online, some people still prefer paying it directly at their nearest RTO.
- Address change in RC: If you are moving to another part of India, your vehicle's registration certificate has to be updated with your new address.
Roles and Responsibilities of an RTO
The Regional Transport Office carries out numerous duties and fulfils many roles. The following are a few of the RTO's most crucial duties:
- Paying your e Challans: The RTO makes sure that penalties are collected when a vehicle has been assessed a fine for breaking traffic laws.
- Vehicle Registration: Every newly purchased vehicle must be registered with the RTO. The RTO accurately tracks all registered automobiles.
- Issuing a driver's license: To lawfully operate any vehicle, all drivers must possess a driver's license. A legitimate driver's license can only be obtained at the Regional Transport Office.
- Promoting road safety: The RTO undertakes various campaigns and events to promote road safety and best driving practices.
- Monitor vehicle fitness: This includes evaluating them for environmental pollution and ensuring the cars are safe to drive.
We hope this blog helps you decide when to visit the RTO office near you. With apps like Park+, many processes can now be done online. Download the Park+ app today to learn everything a vehicle owner in India needs to know. You can also make the most of services like FASTag recharge, car wash, and parking.