All vehicle-related services are provided to the citizens of Andhra Pradesh by the Transport Department of the Government of Andhra Pradesh. From registering new vehicles to granting No Objection Certificates (NOCs) for the sale of vehicles, the Transport Department is essential for all vehicle-related tasks.
The AP Transport Department, like the transport departments of most other States, carries out its functions through Regional Transport Offices (RTOs). RTO AP must perform all the functions as mentioned in the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 and any other State regulation about roads and vehicles in Andhra Pradesh. The AP government has developed AP RTO Citizen App to make the services available at RTO AP available at your fingertips. In this article, we shall discuss all that you need to know about AP RTO Citizen App.
Services provided by the AP RTO Citizen App
The AP RTO Citizen app was designed to make RTO services more accessible for the citizens of Andhra Pradesh. Following are some of the main services provided by the AP RTO Citizen App:
- Services related to the driving license: If you wish to purchase a driving license from RTO AP, you can apply and book a slot in the AP RTO Citizen App. One can book the driving test date and pay the requisite fees through the AP RTO Citizen App. Upon completion of the payment of the requisite fees, the app provides a receipt and an option to book a date for the driving test. You will have to visit your nearest RTO AP and complete your driving test on the date you choose. It must be borne in mind that only permanent residents of Andhra Pradesh can apply for a driving license through the AP RTO Citizen App.
- In the 'Common Services Center' section, one can also make payments of AP road taxes or any other transport tax as may be levied by the government from time to time.
- The AP RTO Citizen App also provides procedures related to the transfer of ownership of your vehicle.
- One can also apply for vehicle registration or renewal through the AP RTO Citizen App.
- Important documents such as permits and NOCs can also be obtained.
Documents needed for signing up for the AP RTO Citizen App
To make use of the services provided by the AP RTO Citizen App, the following documents are important:
- The applicant's Aadhar card
- Proof of residency of the applicant
- Other certification documents as intimated by the AP Transport Department.
In today's fast-paced world, digitization is a new way forward. In keeping up with the rapidly developing technology, the AP Transport Department has done a brilliant job by introducing the AP RTO Citizen App. People no longer have to wait in queues for basic services at their local RTOs. It has also significantly reduced the burden on RTOs as many citizens prefer to complete basic tasks online from the comfort of their homes. For example, people no longer have to visit the RTOs to pay AP transport tax. They can securely pay the same online.
Keeping up with rapid urbanization and motorization has led people in cities to purchase vehicles at an unforeseen rate. With the rapid increase in cars, parking spaces have become scarce. The Park+ app provides smart parking solutions to drivers. It notifies users of the nearest available parking spot depending on their location. The Park+ app also assists with vehicle registration, challans, car washes, and FASTags.