How Do You Set Up Standing Instructions In Internet Banking To Automatically Recharge A Fastag?
To enjoy a smooth drive on the highways, one must promptly keep track of the FASTag recharge, as it has become mandatory for toll payment collections. If you forget when to recharge your ICICI FASTag, you can set up an auto-recharge through ICICI Bank Internet Banking. Continue reading to learn more.
How does an ICICI FASTag work?
The Ministry of Road Transportation and Highways made it mandatory to attach FASTag to every vehicle starting February 15, 2021. ICICI Bank FASTag helps you avoid long lines at the toll. When you arrive at the toll plaza, a machine scans your tag, deducts payment, and receives a notification on your phone.
Standing Instructions are now available for ICICI FASTag.
You may be charged twice if you pass the toll with insufficient funds in your account. Standing Instructions are available through ICICI Bank's Internet Banking. This is the first-of-its-kind solution offered by a financial institution. No need to set multiple recharge reminders because the account will be recharged when the FASTag balance falls below the threshold. ICICI FASTag recharges its customers to enjoy their trip without worry.
The advantages of establishing Standing Instructions (SI):
- A simple and quick one-time setup
- Avoid double toll charges at toll plazas due to insufficient funds.
- There is no need to recharge your FASTag Account manually.
- Safe and secure online recharge method available
- Remove the Standing Instructions anytime in the future.
How to Setup a SI for ICICI FASTag Recharge
Save yourself the hassle of manually recharging your FASTag by using the FASTag auto-recharge feature. To set up a SI through Internet Banking, simply follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Log in to your ICICI Bank Internet Banking account.
- Step 2: Select 'Payments & Transfers' from the drop-down menu. Go to the 'Buy/Recharge FASTag' tab and select 'Recharge.'
- Step 3: Select 'Vehicle Recharge' from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Fill in the information and select the 'Auto Recharge' option.
- Step 5: If you want to enable 'Auto Recharge' for a vehicle, fill in the following information
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Fill in the 'Threshold Amount' field. The minimum amount required is Rs 100.
- Add the 'Top-up amount': The maximum amount per tag is Rs 10,000 (with a minimum KYC/No KYC) or Rs 1 lakh (with full KYC)
- Add your Savings accounts details and submit
- Step 6: Your SI has been established.
Is it true that FASTags have an expiration date, and where can I find it?
FASTags has a 5-year fixed validity period from the date of issuance. However, this may differ in the case of NHAI-approved bank-specific tags. You might have received credentials to log in to the bank's FASTag portal or mobile app if you obtained your FASTag online from a bank. Log into your FASTag Account with these credentials and look for the "User Information" or "Account Details" option. When you select the option, you will reach a page with information such as "FASTag Issuance Date," "Expiry," "FASTag Status," and more.
The government's FASTag initiative is a great way to reduce traffic at toll plazas while making toll payments more straightforward and convenient. It eliminates the need for cash payments and saves time and fuel. Recharge your ICICI FASTag using ICICI Bank Internet Banking, iMobile Pay, or the eToll app, and take advantage of various benefits. Information Source ICICI BANK.