Process to Claim Insurance without License and RC
Car insurance provides financial protection against the losses incurred by a vehicle due to unfortunate events. It helps cover against theft, financial loss caused by accidents and any subsequent liabilities. Two types of car insurance policies are offered in India- Third-party Insurance- This policy offers protection against damages to the third-party by the insured vehicle. It covers damages to the vehicle, physical injury, or death. Comprehensive Insurance- This policy offers protection against damages to the insured car. It covers against theft, fire, or accident.
Car Insurance Claim
There are two types of claim processes for a car insurance policy-
- Cashless Claims- In this process, the insurance company settles the charges incurred by damages to the insured car directly with the garage, provided that the insured car is repaired in one of the garages listed under the insurance company.
- Reimbursement Claims- For reimbursement claims, the insured himself has to pay for the repairs. Later, an insurance claim can be raised by submitting the bills and repair receipts with the insurer.
Documents required to claim Car Insurance-
The below mentioned documents are mandatorily required during the car insurance claim process-
- Claim form signed by the insured
- Proof of insurance (policy document)
- Details of the insured vehicle
- Accident details like location, date and time of the accident
- FIR copy (in case of third party property damage/ death/ bodily injury)
- RC copy of the vehicle
- Driving license copy
Some additional documents are also required to be submitted depending on the nature of the incident.
Process of Claiming Car Insurance-
Here�s a guide for claiming car insurance. - Inform the insurance company: Contact your insurance company and inform them about the nature of the incident. There is a set timeline of 7 days (from the day of the mishap) in which the insured is supposed to inform the insurance company. If the insurer fails to do the same in 7 days, the claim settlement period is considered lapsed. - Submit the aforementioned documents to the insurer. - Lodge an FIR- In case of theft, fire or car accident resulting in an injury, it is mandatory to file for an FIR.
Though driving license and registration certificate (RC) are mandatory documents required during the process of claiming car insurance, however, the same can be achieved in the absence of the two. Here�s how to claim car insurance without Driving License and RC.
Process of claiming Car Insurance without Driving License and Registration Certificate-
Car owners without a valid driving license or RC can make a car insurance claim with the help of �Loss of License or RC add-on�.
What is Loss of License or RC add-on?
Loss of License or RC is an add-on cover that enables a car owner to raise an insurance claim even without a valid driving license or RC. This cover comes handy in case the car owner has lost the driving license or car�s RC.
How to buy Loss of License or RC add-on?
You have to pay extra to purchase add-ons. Add-ons can be bought via offline as well as online modes.
There are certain conditions for a car owner to be eligible for buying this add-on.
- Loss of License or RC cover can only be purchased for comprehensive car insurance policy. It cannot be purchased for third-party insurance policy.
- One is required to submit car�s engine and chassis number.
- Filing an FIR is mandatory to raise a claim under the Loss of License or RC cover.
What are the benefits of this add-on?
Buying a Loss of License or RC cover is beneficial in many ways-
- Raise an insurance claim even without important documents This add-on lets a car owner avail the benefits of insurance policy in cases where the driving license or the car�s registration certificate is unavailable.
- One can also receive monetary compensation if any of their crucial documents have been lost.
- Comes at a nominal cost
One can claim the benefits of insurance even in the absence of crucial documents like driving license or RC. It is possible with the help of �Loss of License or RC add-on� that can be purchased on meeting certain eligibility conditions. This add-on comes at a nominal price and can be useful in cases where driving license or car�s registration certificate is not available while raising an insurance claim.