Every vehicle owner in the country needs to possess certain important documents such as the vehicle's registration certificate, driving license, and so on. Such services are provided by the Regional Transport Offices, better known as RTOs. To avail of the important services provided by RTOs, one has to visit their local RTO. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has digitized the RTOs to improve accessibility and reduce the time taken to complete tasks. Most activities have been digitized, such as registration and creating a nationwide repository of vehicle-related data.
In this article, we shall discuss the mParivahan online services. Before delving into the mParivahan online services, let's understand how to register or login into your mParivahan app.
How to sign into mParivahan app?
To avail of mParivahan online services, one needs to sign up on the app. Follow the steps given below to easily sign up:
- Visit the App store or Play store on your device and download the mParivahan app.
- Once the app is installed, start the app. You must register with your phone number if you are a new user.
- Once you enter the phone number, you will receive an OTP on the given number. Enter the OTP and click on verify.
- Once you have created an account, click on the 'Sign in' option from the left side.
mParivahan Online Services
The mParivahan app provides a plethora of mParivahan online services. Some of these services include:
- Registration of vehicles through the Vaahan Parivahan site
- Issuing duplicate copies or renewing Registration Certificate through the Vaahan Parivahan site
- They are issuing driver's licenses, renewal of driver's licenses, and the issue of a duplicate copies of driver's licenses through the Sarathi Parivahan website.
- Authorization of National Permits
- Collection of road taxes
- Grant of All India Tourist Permit (AITP)
- Vehicle recall
- Providing trade certificate
- Issuing a Pollution Under Control Certificate (PUCC) -Green Sewa
Users of the mParivahan online services can also use information services to learn about their registration, permits, acts, rules and regulations, notifications and forms, etc. MParivahan online services also provide information to users about their licenses, vehicles, and other documents. Additionally, users can access various downloadable forms through mParivahan's online services. The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, the Central Motor Vehicles Rules of 1989, the Carriage by Road Act and Rules, and other laws, acts, and policies are only a few of the informational resources available to users.
Payment of taxes through mParivahan
Road tax must be paid by car owners who have bought a vehicle for either personal or commercial use. The government uses the taxes it collects to pay for road maintenance. mParivahan online services help users easily pay road taxes from the comfort of their homes.
mParivahan online services help users check the status of challans online. When a vehicle driver purposely or accidentally breaks traffic laws, a challan is given to that person. One can check their status for traffic violations under the Motor Vehicle (MV) Act through the online Parivahan site by using the E challan Parivahan service.
The mParivahan online services have been of great help to citizens. People no longer have to wait in long queues at the RTOs to get basic services related to their vehicles.
Digital apps have revolutionized the transport system in India. For instance, the Park+ app has made parking more accessible. The Park+ app notifies users about empty parking spaces nearest to their location. The app also provides services related to the registration of vehicles, challans, FASTags, and the like.