Things you need to know before vehicle registration in RTO Indore
Buying a new or used car requires you to register the same with the concerned RTO of that state. For those living in Indore, RTO Indore is the pinnacle body to oversee car-related governance in the city. Before registering your car in RTO Indore, let's go through some key things.
What is RTO?
RTO, or Regional Transport Office, spread across the country, is an arm of the government of India that deals with vehicles like cars, motorcycles, and scooters. Anyone buying a car in India must register it with their local RTO, and almost all districts and cities have at least one office. You can locate your nearest RTO office using Google Maps or apps like Park+. Many RTO processes, like e-Challan payment, can now be done online. However, vehicle registration requires you to visit your nearest office with your car.
The vehicle showroom often assists you in various RTO-related activities when you buy a new car. But used car sellers do not always provide the same services. Nonetheless, RTO processes are fairly simple and straightforward.
Documents needed for RTO Indore registration
If you stay in Indore temporarily, you can opt for temporary registration. However, temporary registrations are valid for one month only. After that, you have to complete the permanent registration. You would need the following documents for RTO Indore registration:
- Manufacturer or dealer receipt that proves your rightful ownership of the vehicle
- Form 60 and Form 61
- Number (PAN) Card
- Registration fee
- Road tax
- Form 34 (only for leased or hired vehicles) signed by the financier and owner
- Attested copy of address proof
- Attested copy of vehicle insurance
- Form 22 issued by the manufacturer
- Form 21 issued by the vehicle dealer
- Engine number and chassis number in Form 20
- Sale Certificate in Form No.21
- Roadworthiness certificate in Form 22.
- Identity proof with photographs of the applicant.
- Vehicle insurance certificate.
- Proof of address
- In case the vehicle is imported, then the bill entry is submitted to Customs
- If the vehicle is not body-built, then Form No.22 Part 2 (A) should also be submitted along with the application.
- Passport, L.I.C. Policy.
- Electoral Voter I-Card, Light Bill, Telephone Bill, receipt of House Tax with address, Pay Slip of Central/State/Local self Government or an Affidavit from the applicant to that effect can be submitted as proof of address as well as proof of identification.
How to register your vehicle with RTO Indore
Here are the steps you must follow to register your vehicle with RTO Indore
- Visit RTO Indore with signed/attested forms.
- Submit all the documents and pay the registration fee. Don't forget to mention your engine and chassis number.
- Concerned authorities will inspect both the forms and the vehicle. You will be notified in case of any discrepancies.
- After inspection, your vehicle will be given its unique registration number
- You can collect the registration certificate (RC) from the RTO office after getting your registration number
You can register your vehicle with RTO Indore following these simple steps. The steps might be minor changes depending on which forms you submit and your vehicle. If there are no issues with either, you should have your registration certificate within two days.
Once you have your registration number, you can legally drive your car on the roads. You must also have a Pollution Under Check (PUC) certificate, Insurance proof, registration certificate, and driving license to be a legal driver in India.
Once your vehicle is registered with RTO, you can use Park+ for online activities like checking car details and challan status. For easier access to other car-related activities like FASTag recharge, Parking, check out the Park+ app