Registration of vehicle insurance control and road safety for car owners. From road rage to taxation, the recorded database of vehicle owners helps the Regional Transport Office to ensure your safety and security among the people on the road. The registration bridges the gap between a vehicle and the details about the financier, owner, and address confirming their vehicle ownership. This is the reason for registering vehicles with RTO and allowing their legal movements on Indian roads.�
The vehicle owner registered a vehicle when they purchased it in the first place. The significant factor behind the registration of the vehicle is road safety. It is equally important to check or inspect the vehicle for it to be fit to operate on the roads.�
Steps to follow for the registration of vehicles in Gujrat RTO?
- Step -1 - Visit the website of RTO Gujarat.
- Step -2 - Download Form 20 from their website.
- Step -3 - Take a printout of the form and fill it out.�
- Step -4 - After filling out the form, scan it and submit it on the transport department website.�
- Step -5- You will need to submit the printout to the RTO Gujarat to initiate the registration process along with the proof of payment/fees and necessary documents.
Here is the list of documents you will be required to submit with the form
- Form No.21 (Sale Certificate)
- Form No. 22 (Roadworthiness certificate)
- Vehicle owner�s identity proof, along with photographs.�
- Insurance of vehicle
- Address proof�
- Electoral voter cars, telephone bills, passports, LIC policies, light bills, house tax receipts, and payslips of local/central/state government can act as proof of identification
- The next step is inspecting the car or two-wheeler, whichever is the vehicle. In most cases, the inspection is done by the authorized dealer in the concerned state who will issue the certificate, which has to be attached to the application.�
- If the officials in the office find the form and all the documents correct and relevant, the vehicle owner will be issued a registration number. The registration process is complete when the vehicle owner gets a unique registration number allocated to them by the computer system.�
- Once the registration process is complete, the vehicle owner gets the information via email or SMS, which is submitted on the form in the RTO.�
- The RC book for the vehicle is transferred to the vehicle owner using a speed post on the address written in the application form by the vehicle owner.�
The process is easy if you follow the steps properly. RTO Gujarat will help you with the process of documentation. The list above will help you collect all the documents in order and with the address proof. If you want more information about such topics, download the Park+ app. The app has all the relevant information about the Gujarat RTO that will be helpful to you.