Madhya Pradesh state has more than 15 lakh registered vehicles. It has been a leader in implementing digital technology to improve service quality and streamline administrative procedures for providing RTO related services to the public. The state is working to make all the relevant data accessible to people over the Internet and to provide them with critical information via SMS.
Registration of all cars per the Motor Vehicles Act is essential before driving on Indian roadways. Failure to do so results in sanctioning fine.
How to Register Your Vehicle in Madhya Pradesh
Regarding time and duration of use, there are two forms of vehicle registration that you can complete. Only when permanent registration may the vehicle be allowed for usage on public highways. Additionally, a temporary registration is when you migrate to a new state. This is valid for one month, later which you have to apply for permanent registration.
- Go to the closest MP Transport Office.
- Send appropriate application forms and the supporting paperwork, which I'll in o over in more detail in the sections below. You can access application forms online or pick them up at RTO.
- Pertinent fee payment comes after filling and submitting the necessary paperwork and application forms.
- Forms must include both the engine and chassis numbers.
- The registration number will be accessible following the completion of the inspection.
- And finally, the Registration Certificate (RC) is available for pickup from RTO.
Documents Required While Vehicle Registration
- Aadhaar, PAN, ration, or electricity bill as proof of address
- PUC or Pollution Under Control Certificate
- A copy of the STA's design approval should be provided if a semi-trailer or trailer is involved.
- Form 21 - Sales Certificate
- Form 22 - Certificate of Roadworthiness from Vehicle's Manufacturer (Form 22A)
- Vehicle tax payments under Madhya Pradesh Motor Vehicles Taxation Act.
- Passport sized photos
The owners can collect their registration certificates from the specified date. It usually takes up to five business days for the entire process of registering a vehicle. The RC is valid across the country, with a period of fifteen years for private vehicles and two years for transport ones. The owner must renew the fitness certificate yearly with the certifying authorities when the RC expires.
Again, renewal of RC is by submitting an application in Form 25. This is done in not less than 60 days before it's set to expire.
Documents Needed for the Process are
- Certificate for Original Registration
- Photostat copy of the certificate of registration
- Certificate of PUC
- Vehicle insurance certificate
As a result of the numerous documentation concerns, the procedure of registering vehicles is puzzling. Check out Park+ today for all your vehicle needs. You can download the Park+ App for more details about MP vehicle registration. For those who own cars, Park+ is a very helpful app containing all the relevant car information.