The Transport Department of Andhra Pradesh functions according to the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988's section 213. The Transport Department was set up primarily to enforce the Motor Vehicle Act's provisions.
AP Transport Department
The Motor Vehicles Taxation Act of Andhra Pradesh was set up in 1963. The department's key responsibilities are to enforce the provisions, collect fees and taxes, and issue driving licenses. Other significant functions of this department are giving Fitness Certificates to Transport Vehicles, granting temporary and regular permits, and registering vehicles.
It is also the responsibility of the department to conduct road safety work. The department achieves this by carrying out awareness campaigns, enforcing safety measures, and checking the pollution level of vehicles.
The Andhra Pradesh Government regulates the Transport Department concerning the different policies and their implementation.
Key functions of Andhra Pradesh RTO
Maintaining environmental standards is the key role of the Regional Transport Office. The department also has the Regional Transport Office codes of 50 states and all their districts in the country.
These are the key functions of the AP Transport Department
AP RTO's responsibility is also to ensure that motorists do not violate traffic rules while driving on the roads. Additionally, the Regional Transport Office collects fees, challans, or vehicle taxes for not following the law.
The RTO is also responsible for
- They are enforcing the provisions of the MV Act. They should not cross the maximum speed limit.
- The Regional Transport Office has a database of all registered motor vehicles with insurance coverage.
- It also signifies that the Regional Transport Office may cancel their license registration if a person rides a car without adequate coverage. Furthermore, a quick registration search for AP will show all the relevant details you are looking for.
Collecting tax and fees
Any person who purchases a four-wheeler should pay tax to the Indian government. The tax is referred to as Motor Vehicle Tax or MVT. The transport department RTO of Andhra Pradesh:
- Has to collect applicable fees and taxes. Additionally, the RTO also gets an International Multi-purpose IMV payment.
- The department charges a type of tax on a motor vehicle based on capacity and kind.
Provisions for driving license
RTO also has another essential task to issue driving permits to the country's citizens. The office has to prepare for conducting driving exams and tests for issuing driving licenses. Along with this, the Regional Transport Office also has to collect the required details from the motor driver for preparing their licenses.
Regional Transport Office issues the licenses listed below
- Learner's Driving Licenses
- Commercial Driving Licenses �- International Permits for Driving �- Permanent Driving Licenses
One of the Regional Transport Office's primary duties is registering motor vehicles in the country. Apart from this, the office also hands out the No Objection Certificates and transit licenses. One needs the NOC for various reasons. For example, you need the NOC to transfer your driving license from one Regional Transport Office to another. Additionally, the transfer has to take place within the same state. The RTO must update the vehicle's license whenever a person purchases a new motor vehicle. This license has to be linked to the vehicle's current owner.
Do you own a motor vehicle and reside in Andhra Pradesh? In that case, you need to know how the AP transport department works. You can download a super app called Park+ to track how the AP transport department works. The app solves many daily hassles of vehicle owners.