The process of issuing challans has gone through significant changes with the introduction of new-age technology. Now, an e-challan is issued against traffic violations by drivers. It is generated through the Electronic Challan System which tracks the data of violations and transfers them to a server system in the traffic control room.
One can check online traffic challan status through Park+. If any discrepancies are found, they can be reported through a complaint. The e-challan is issued along with image/video evidence gathered by the roadside CCTV cameras. Commuters are informed through an SMS in case of a traffic violation SMS.
Purpose of e-challan
The E-challan was introduced to issue challans to citizens via the government's official app.
The Indian government has introduced it to make challan payments simple and convenient for Indian citizens. Instead of visiting a government office to pay pending fines and waiting in long queues, the fine submission process has become easier for offenders with this e-challan mechanism in place.
Checking the Status of E Challan using Park+ website
E- Challan status can be checked in a few simple steps using the Park+ website
- Go to Park+ website,
- On the home page click on the products tab available at the top.
- It will open a drop-down menu with several options
- Click on the challan option under the Customers Tab.
- Click on "Check Challan".
- On the next screen enter the vehicle registration number. Click on get challan details.
- Look for an update button and click it to be prompted to 'Update now.'
Challan status can be viewed on the next page.
Checking the status of an e-challan and its payment
To verify the status of an e-challan, applicants need to perform the below steps:
- Go to the official parivahan website
- Click on the "Pay Online" button.
Type in your Challan, Vehicle, or Driver's License number. Then select 'Get Details' after entering the Captcha code.
- Click e-challan status can be seen on the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the "Pay now" option to make a challan payment.
- Confirm the OTP received for verification on the registered mobile number.
- Complete the payment.
A confirmation will be received along with the transaction ID once the process has been completed successfully.
Using Parivahan App to check the status and make payment
Currently under 104 RTOs in five states parivahan app can be used to check the status of e-challan. Let's look at the process-
- Download the parivahan app from the play store/app store on your mobile phone
- Once downloaded, log in using the registered mobile number.
- Click on the search challan option from the menu bar on the left side.
- Next, choose either the DL number or the RC number to look for the challan. The list of challans will appear here.
- Click on the required challan to find its details like offense, location, offense date, and due amount.
- To pay the fine amount, click on the 'pay now' option.
- Confirm the mobile number on the next screen for OTP verification
- After verification, make the payment using payment gateways.
After successful payment, message confirmation is received.
How to check Challan's status in Andhra Pradesh?
Citizens of Andhra Pradesh can easily check the status of challan ap online by visiting Andhra Pradesh Police E- challan system website
The access is pretty simple and a few clicks away.
- Visit Andhra Pradesh traffic police e-challan page.
- Enter your vehicle identification number and fill in the captcha for verification.
Select the challan for which you want to know the status from the list of your challans.
Benefits of e-challan
The approach attempts to provide an optimal solution to the challenges that vehicle departments face, such as issuing traffic challans, supervision of records/back-end operations, and offense history.
Integrating all stakeholders through a common framework ensures information transparency, reliability, and accountability.
- The complete digitization of records will aid in enhancing the transparency of alleged perpetrators, types of offenses engaged repeatedly, and timely payments, among other things.
- Reducing the time and effort required by residents to make installments or perform follow-up tasks after receiving a challan.
- Reducing revenue loss and improving transparency
- Providing regular road safety usage reports to the Ministry of Transportation and State governments for data-driven strategy.
- No duplicate or forged challans
How to Check a Traffic Challan in Delhi?
The challan status check is needed to ensure if there are any pending challans or to check the current status of previously paid challans. Citizens in Delhi have a parivahan website to check challan status. Let's look at the steps involved:
- Visit the Parivahan website.
- You must click on Check Online Services on the homepage.
- After that, one must select the "Delhi traffic challan" option.
A new page will open, type the username and click Next.
- Fill in the required information on this page.
- Now press the submit button.
The necessary information will be displayed in front of you
Online traffic challan status enables all parties to be aware of the current status of all the issued challans. It allows transparent and quick access to all challan details. Overall it saves time and effort for all parties concerned.