Delhi is the country's second-most populous city. Given the city's growing inhabitants, one of the authority's primary concerns is traffic congestion. People prefer to drive their cars around town rather than taking public transportation. Due to traffic, several road safety and traffic rules are broken due to irresponsible behaviour. As a result, the Delhi traffic police ensure that the Indian government's stringent laws and severe penalties are enforced to control traffic violations in the city.
Beware if you live in Delhi and frequently violate traffic rules! For each of these violations, you will receive a challan accordingly.
How to check challan status in Delhi?
Simply follow these steps to check the status of an E-challan online:
Step 1: Go to the Park+ website.
Step 2: Select the 'Challan' tab from the Product section.
Step 3: On the new page, click "Check and Pay Challans", enter your vehicle registration number and select 'Get Challan Details.'
Step 4: Look for an update button and click it to be prompted to 'Update now.'
Step 5: After clicking 'Update now, you will see the E-challan status.
Why should you use Park+ for vehicle challan check?
With Park+, you can view your existing e-challans in under a minute with minimal effort. The user-friendly interface provides detailed information about the subject: Weekly, the Park+ app checks over 30K e-challans.
When you try to check e challan, the RTO vehicle challan data on Park+ is validated.
How to settle challan online?
Challan Payment through Parivahan website
You can pay your challan online by visiting Parivahan Sewa, the Government of India's official e-challan website.
- Visit the Parivahan website.
- Enter your username and password, then enter the captcha code and submit
- Enter your Challan/Vehicle/Driving License number and the Captcha code on the next page, then click 'Get Details'.
- To make the payment, choose an e-challan from the list displayed.
- Your offence details, and the pending fine, will be displayed.
- Continue with the payment.
- The transaction ID will be sent to you via SMS alert when the challan payment is completed.
Challan Payment through the Official Delhi Government website
- Visit the Delhi Traffic Police website.
- Here, you must create an account using a username and password.
- From the 'Pending Challan/Notice' drop-down menu, select 'Pending Notices.'
- Simply enter the Vehicle/Notice number and click 'Search Details.'
- You will be notified of the status and amount owed on your Delhi traffic police pending challan.
- Click on the 'Make Payment' icon next to the traffic fine you want to pay.
- Select a payment method from the options provided.
- Once the transaction is completed successfully, you will receive an SMS alert.
How to settle challan Offline?
You can pay your traffic challans by going to the nearest police station in the city where you were fined. You can check the status of a vehicle challan by going to a traffic cop, showing them your challan details and paying with cash or a credit card at that moment.
In a city like Delhi, where everything is fast pacing, the regulation of penalties has to be faster. So keeping this in mind, we are at your service in just a few clicks. A vehicle E- challan is a computer-generated challan used by the Traffic Police and issued to all traffic defaulters in India. The Government of India has initiated this process to make traffic services convenient, easy as well as transparent to the general public.