What is NCB in Car Insurance?
Worldwide, a lot of people are focusing on buying cars as their long-term investment. However, there are multiple things related to this purchase that people must keep in mind. One of the things worth mentioning is car insurance.
This type of policy significantly improves long-term conditions related to owning a car, like medical payment support in case of accidents. However, not every car insurance would guarantee the best outcome for users.
Insurance companies provide different deals to their clients, and one notable benefit is NCB in insurance. However, what exactly is an NCB in the context of car insurance? That is what you would learn about in this article.
NCB- General Overview
To note, NCB full form in insurance is termed �No Claim Bonus�. Companies that provide car insurance give this as a type of reward. Customers get NCB during a policy year when they did not file for a claim. Here, the discount they receive on their total premium works as an incentive for insurance renewal the following year.
In both General and Life Insurance, NCB is a usable reward. Among the different varieties available, NCB is closely linked with long-term policies like health insurance and vehicle insurance (Car/Bike Insurance). Many people apply for both of these insurance types; those who get NCB manage to save their money through a big discount on the premium.
NCB in Car Insurance
In terms of NCB in auto insurance, NCB is a notable option that reduces the overall policy premium highly. Here, the NCB benefits in the manner of a rewards system to the customers. People opting for car insurance get an NCB discount of 20%. This only happens if they did not carry out any claim during their initial policy year.
Thereafter, if the person does not file for any claim in the next policy year as well, they would get an extra 5%. By the sixth year, if your car is in good condition and you did not file for any claim, you would get a 50% reduction.
Features of Car Insurance NCB
In the context of No claim bonus in car insurance schemes, there are particular features of this you must look into.
- The NCB does not apply for the first policy of the insurance holder. It only works on renewals.
- In the matter of car insurance, NCB does not operate with third-party liability. So, it works well with plans like comprehensive bike insurance.
- The insured cannot move the discount to the new owner after selling the vehicle. This is because the benefit applies to car owners, not the car specifically. However, if the insured buys a new car, they can transfer their NCB from the older car to it.
- Individuals can�t share- no claim bonus meaning they can�t divide the discounts between different policies.
- The calculation of NCB is done based on the car�s IDV (Insured Declared Value). This value is the deducted amount from the actual car cost after the depreciation value is taken out.
- Each year, the bonus percentage of NCB increases at a rate of 5-10%. This continues until the rate reaches 50%. Here is a breakdown of the year-by-year No Claim Bonus-based discount rates against the premiums.
|NCB Discount Rate in Car Insurance
Advantages of NCB for Car Insurance
The following are the main benefits of NCB discounts on car insurance.
- Expect high savings- Users can expect high levels of increment with their NCB discounts if they follow the main regulations carefully. This includes not filing any claims for 5 consecutive years. Also, renew the policy carefully on time.
- Good discounts- NCB essentially relates to deals that help reduce premiums; during policy renewal, you can get a proper discount with this. So, ultimately, you have to pay much less premium than you would have had to if you filed a claim.
- Personalized with policyholder- Indeed, NCB does not apply to the vehicle one has. Instead, it relates to the insured person directly. Therefore, if you sell your previous car and then get a new one, your NCB would remain active.
Importance of NCB in car insurance
In general, car owners invest a high amount of money in their car insurance policy. This covers a long period, so one does not understand the extent of comprehensive car insurance.
Based on the original value of the car, the premium quantity is higher or manageable. NCB is useful to reduce the total premium amount. This makes it easier for car owners to handle their payments throughout the policy period.
In which policies is NCB non-applicable?
Typically, NCB works during policy renewal periods. However, this only applies to the "Own Damage Cover" aspect in the policy for car insurance of users. This component refers to the damages that are visible on the insured car.
Another element to consider here is the coverage of Third-Party Car Insurance. This policy is useful in case of big-scale accidents, where the insured car harms another person or property. Unlike the former policy, people gain financial protection for damages on their car if they choose Comprehensive car insurance. Thus, NCB works with the latter and is not suitable for the Third-party Liability Policy.
How does NCB work as an Add-on?
In case you go ahead with a comprehensive insurance plan for your vehicle, NCB Protection Cover operates well as an add-on service. This helps keep NCB active in case the policyholder files for a claim. Typically, only two claims are accepted under the policy year without it affecting the overall policy if people take in Add-on. However, this can differ under various service providers. Check the terms & conditions carefully first.
Is it possible to cancel NCB?
Typically, NCB stays active throughout the policy period as long as the insured does not make any claim. So, in case one has to file a claim during their policy year for some reason, the NCB benefits would get terminated the next year. Also, in case people stop renewing their insurance policy for 90 days after their policy expires, the NCB benefits cancel out.
In the matter of car insurance, NCB is very useful for reducing the overall premium amount for policyholders and increasing their savings. Carefully follow the rules of keeping this discount active. Choose the right insurance policy as well for your vehicle, and get NCB benefits for several years.