If you wish to be a vehicle owner in Kerala, you will surely want to familiarize yourself with the process of checking vehicle owner details in the Kerala RTO. But before that, it is critical to know about the Kerala RTO and its functions in brief.
Functions of RTO Kerala
Like every region, Kerala has its RTO office performing various essential road and transport rules. Kerala has a total number of 18 RTOs, and the Transport Commissioner heads them. The RTO Kerala is responsible for the following tasks:
- Tax collection - Vehicle owners must provide Motor Vehicle Tax to their respective Kerala RTOs. These rates will depend on the size and type of your vehicle.
- Pollution checks - Kerala RTO monitors the level of pollution coming from the vehicles and issues a PUC certificate.
- Implementation of transportation rules - Kerala RTO is responsible for implementing the traffic rules in the state and ensuring that all necessary road safety measures are taken to avoid accidents.
- Renewal of expired driver's licenses - Kerala RTO department is also responsible for issuing new driver's licenses and renewing expired driver's licenses for vehicle owners in Kerala.
- Issuance of registration certificate - Kerala RTO is responsible for carrying out the registration and issuing registration certificates for vehicles running on Kerala roads.
- Car ownership transfer - In Kerala, you must transfer your automobile or bike ownership if you intend to sell or buy it. This is also overseen by the Kerala RTO.
However, the most essential function of the RTO Kerala is to keep track of all the cars in the State and maintain records of the car owners. So, you can quickly check the car owner's details by visiting the regional transport office's website. The Kerala RTO's website will give you complete information about the car owner registered as per Indian regulations.
Steps to check vehicle owner details in RTO Kerala
Getting the details of a vehicle owner is as easy as a few clicks on the official website of Kerala's RTO. You can follow these steps to know the vehicle owner's info:
- Visit the official website of the Motor Vehicle Department of the State of Kerala.
- Scroll to the right sidebar and select the 'Information Services' option.
- Click on the 'Vehicles Details' option to get information about the vehicle and its owner.
- Enter the vehicle registration or chassis number in the search box. You must have at least one of these numbers to get the vehicle owner's information in RTO Kerala.
- Once you have filled in all the details, you will get a tab to enter the captcha on the website. Make sure to fill in the correct captcha before moving ahead.
- Once you have submitted the captcha, click on the "Get" option to get the vehicle owner's details. The transport department's website will match the entered details with the existing record. If you have entered all the information correctly, it will display the complete car and owner details.
Steps to check vehicle owner details with Park+
Park+ is an all-in-one app for car owners in India. With features like a parking spot locator and an e-challan status checker. Here's how you can check vehicle owner details with Park+
- Download the Park+ app or visit the Park+ website
- After opening the app or website, you will find various services in the Park+ dashboard. Select the RTO services tab on the page.
- To know your vehicle registration certificate status, use the number plate details. You can find information like ownership, insurance, vehicle and engine model, vehicle age, etc.
- You can get complete Vahan registration details like owner name, address, PUCC, etc., by providing the vehicle registration number.
By following these simple steps, you can access information like ownership, insurance, vehicle and engine model, vehicle age, etc., for any car. It's the fastest way to check vehicle owner details.
The vehicle owner's details are not challenging to find if you have the correct registration number of the automobile. You can download the Park+ app and check for vehicle details on the go if you have the required details.