What is HDFC bank FASTag?
Do you not wish to waste your time at the toll booth? Recharging your FASTag has gotten faster and much easier. HDFC Bank has introduced online services to recharge your FASTag and other car and commute-related services. HDFC FASTag recharge is a perfect solution for the inconvenience faced by vehicle owners at the toll gates. It makes trips hassle-free on the national highways. HDFC Bank FASTag program is a part of the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC). It was initiated by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) under the guidelines of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and Indian Highway Management Company Limited (IHMCL).
Features of HDFC Bank FASTag
The HDFC bank's FASTag links to a prepaid account from where your applicable toll amount is deducted.
- Anyone can easily use the program.
- It is a reloadable tag that enables the deduction of toll charges automatically in seconds.
- This enables you to pass through the toll plaza without waiting for the cash transaction.
- It ultimately saves your valuable time.
How does the FASTag Technology work?
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology is used in the making of the FASTag. Once the tag account becomes active, the FASTag should be affixed to the windscreen of the vehicle. After reaching the toll plaza, the vehicle receives signals using RFID Technology and deducts the applicable amount from your HDFC Bank FASTag prepaid account.
Documents Required to register on HDFC FASTag App
To activate your FASTag account, you should first submit some documents for verification. Following is the list of all those documents that are needed while registering on the HDFC FASTag App :
- Your Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Vehicle Registration Document
- Driving License
Fees charged by HDFC Bank FASTag
To avail of the benefits of the HDFC Bank FASTag, one has to pay some charges. Following is a brief detail about the charges that are applicable on the HDFC Bank FASTag :
- Tag Joining Fee = Rs. 100 (One - time Fee including all the taxes)
- Tag Reissuance Fees = Rs. 100 (including all the taxes)
You can also deposit a one-time security amount in the following manner :
For Car / Van / Jeep / Tata Ace or any similar light mini Commercial Vehicle Security Deposit = Rs. 200 Threshold amount = Rs. 100
For Commercial 2
- axle Light Vehicle Security Deposit = Rs. 300 Threshold amount = Rs. 140
For Bus (3 Axle) or Bus / Mini Bus / Truck (2 Axle) Security Deposit = Rs. 400 Threshold amount = Rs. 300
For Truck (3 Axle) Security Deposit = Rs. 500 Threshold amount = Rs. 300
For Tractor with Trailer/ Tractor/ Truck (4,5 or 6 axle) Security Deposit = Rs. 500 Threshold amount = Rs. 300
For Truck (7 axles or above) Security Deposit = Rs. 500 Threshold amount = Rs. 300
For Heavy Construction / Earth Moving Machinery Security Deposit = Rs. 500 Threshold amount = Rs. 300
Benefits of using the HDFC FASTag App?
Despite saving time and fuel, HDFC FASTag Program offers a lot of benefits to its customers. Here are some of the benefits :
- All the transactions done using the customer tag account are sent via Email & SMS to the beneficiary's registered mobile number/email address.
- It also assists during roadside emergencies by ensuring quick movement of cars.
- They also offer a web portal for their customers where they can access their FASTag statement via logging on to the FASTag Customer portal.
- HDFC FASTag recharge can be done online through Credit Card / Debit Card or via Net Banking.
- They also provide accidental death coverage worth Rs. 1 Lakh to all on-duty drivers while driving the vehicle.
- You can easily go cash-free and need not worry at the toll plaza as it is a prepaid toll pass.
Over the years, there has been a steady increase in the number of cars on the road. This leads to a lot of traffic congestion and especially in case of emergencies where time becomes the most critical factor. HDFC bank FASTag is the best solution to save time and money. Be a responsible driver!