"Although the country has well-defined traffic rules, sadly flouting traffic rules is still a common sight in India. Such acts can lead to road accidents. Observing this, the government brought in many changes in the traffic fines. Today, drivers have to pay hefty fines for committing traffic violations. This move has made drivers obey traffic rules.
Yet, sometimes, drivers skip red lights, overspeed, or violate other traffic rules and end up with a challan. Earlier, traffic police issued challans to the drivers on the spot. But, now things have changed. Traffic police need not physically hand the challan over to a driver. They can generate the challan online and the concerned person can check it online.
Further, drivers can pay the challan online as well. There are quite a few benefits of paying challan online. First, the challan payment is done within minutes. Second, the payment receipt generates online thus saving paper, unlike in earlier times. Finally, it makes the collection of challan corruption free.
If you've a traffic challan against you and want to check its details, here are two platforms to check challan.
Two Platforms To Check Traffic Challan
- You can use the mParivahan app to check the traffic challan.
- Park+ app is another great option to check traffic challan.
Checking Challan Using mParivahan App
The government of India introduced the mParivahan app to access vehicle-related documents. You can access documents such as insurance validity, driving license, vehicle registration certificate, and others. It also provides information for applying for duplicate RC, renewal of driving license, changing address, and others. Apart from this, the app also allows you to check challan details. The mParivahan mobile application is available on both Android and iOS devices. To check traffic challan on the mParivahan app, follow the steps below.
- Download the mParivahan app on your smartphone.
- Once you open the app, you will see two options - Sign In and Create an Account. If you already have an account, you need to click the ""Sign In"" button. Next, enter the required details to sign in.
- If you are a new user of the app, click the ""Create Account"" button. To create a new account, you need to give your mobile number, and email and set an MPIN as well. Once you've created an account, you can access the app.
- On the app, there are quite a few services such as Transaction Services, My Transactions, Citizen Sentinel, and Informational Services. Click the ""Transport Services"".
- Once you do that, you will find services like Challan Status, Challan Payment, and Verify Payment Status. First, select your state from the dropdown box and then click the ""Challan Status"" service.
- You have three options - Challan Number, Vehicle Number, and Driving License Number. Select the vehicle number option.
- Type your vehicle number and click the ""Get Details"" button.
- If it asks for the Chassis number and Engine number, provide the details. After, that, if you've challan against you, the details will appear. Otherwise, you will get a message saying ""Challan not found"".
To Sum Up
Checking the details of the traffic challan has become easy thanks to digitization. You can now check challan at the comfort of your home using platforms like Park+ and mParivahan. They are simple to use, easy to download and generates challan details instantly. "