Digital India: Everything you need to know about E-Challan UP
The ""Digital India"" was set in motion by the government of India to utilize the technology available in India efficiently and effectively and to make Government assistance readily available to the citizens through its online services. The government aims for the information to reach faster to the masses. They encourage citizens to utilize technology in their daily lives. They have introduced the procedure to make the traffic services expedient, simple as well as a crystal clear to its citizens. Hence, the concept of the E-challan system was launched.
What are Challan and e-challan?
A challan is a formal paper presented to the vehicle driver who breaks the traffic law. You have to pay the fine as per the fault committed by the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. An e-challan is a computerized challan issued by the Traffic Police to all traffic offenders.
E-challan UP System
Uttar Pradesh is the most populated state in India. As an outcome, UP faces serious traffic violations, which can be challenging to track. The State Government has modernized its procedure for traffic control by supplying a systematic and efficient e-Challan system, in line with the Union Government. To make things trouble-free and quick, the Government of India has made the UP traffic police challan payment online. Let us look at how to make e-challan payments online in UP.
There are two methods to make the online payment of echallan UP:
- Parivahan website
- Uttar Pradesh traffic police website.
How to pay E-Challan through the Parivahan website?
Challan can be paid through the Parivahan website by following the steps below:
- Step1: Visit the official e-challan Parivahan web portal. Under the 'Online Services' drop-down menu, navigate to E-Challan
- Step 2: Log in with your username and password.
- Step 3: Fill in the Registered Vehicle number, Driving License number, CHallan number, and captcha code.
- Step 4: Select 'Get Details'.
- Step 5: A list of challans will be displayed. Select the one which you have to pay.
- Step 6: All the pending amounts and your offence details will be displayed.
- Step 7: Pay now with online challan payment.
- Step 8: A confirmation will be sent along with your transaction ID after paying.
How to pay E-Challan through the Uttar Pradesh Traffic Police website?
The following steps have to be followed to pay Challan through the official website of Uttar Pradesh Traffic Police.
- Step 1: Visit the official website
- Step 2: Then go to the traffic police option available in the drop-down menu and select 'My Driving Challan' from the options.
- Step 3: You will be redirected to the Parivahan website.
- Step 4: Follow all the steps to get the payment done as discussed in the above paragraph.
We need to be responsible drivers and take care of one's safety and our fellow commuters. A great way to avoid any accidents on the road is to abide by the traffic rules and regulations of the country. In case we commit any mistakes on the road, as responsible citizens, we should pay the Challan on time and avoid repeating it. And, remember, the Park+ website/APP makes E-Challan payment quick and easy to track. Drive Responsibly!"