According to traffic rules in Delhi, traffic cops can issue a challan as a digital receipt for traffic offences. The Delhi traffic e-challan keeps the system credible and eliminates the possibility of bribes on traffic law breaches.
When the Delhi RTO issues an e-challan, the offender has the option of paying it either online or offline. E-challans can be issued using a swiping machine governed by laws and traffic offences.
How to Check the status of an E-Challan
Delhi traffic police challan status can be checked in a few simple steps using the park+ website
- Go to park+website.
- Hover to the 'Product' section and select 'Challan'.
- Click on the check and pay challans
- On the next screen, enter the vehicle registration number.
- Click on get challan details.
- Look for an update button and click it to be prompted to 'Update now.
- Challan status can be viewed on the next page.
Checking E-challan status using Parivahan website
- Go to the Parivahan Website.
- Click on "Check Online Services", then from the drop-down menu, choose the 'Check Challan Status' option.
- To get the details of the e-challan, enter the traffic challan number, vehicle number, or DL number.
- Enter the Captcha and click on Get Detail.
- The next page will show current outstanding traffic fines and the status of e-challan under the input registration number.
Payment of e-challan using the Delhi traffic police website:
- Go to the Delhi traffic police website.
- Navigate to the 'Notice' tab. Select 'Pending Notices' from the drop-down menu.
- Input the car registration number or the traffic police challan number.
- To continue, click 'Search Details.'
- In case of a pending Delhi e-challan, choose the 'Pay' Now option.
- Verify the payment ID and associated amount.
- Once the online challan payment is made successfully, an acknowledgement text is sent to the payer.
Paying the Delhi Traffic E-Challan using Parivahan
- Visit the official parivahan website
- Click on the "Pay Online" button.
- Choose between entering your Delhi E-Challan number, your vehicle registration number, or your driver's license (DL) number.
- Click 'Get Details' after entering the captcha code.
- Review the specifics of the offence as well as the status of the e-challan.
- Complete the payment process for the traffic fine.
- A confirmation message will be received after completing the Payment.
Increased traffic congestion in Delhi frequently leads to violations of traffic safety regulations. However, remember that these rules are in place to protect pedestrians and the public from unexpected incidents. To avoid receiving a traffic violation notification in Delhi, strictly adhere to every traffic safety regulation.