CNG cars in India
The Compressed Natural Gas or CNG automotive market in India is growing rapidly. The 8.6 per cent share of CNG vehicles in the total car sales in the financial year 2022 as against 6.3 per cent in the previous year is a testimony to that. The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers shared this crucial data. The growing preference for CNG cars is apparent owing to the cost-effectiveness of this fuel. Furthermore, CNG offers many other advantages compared to the more expensive fuels like petrol and diesel cars.
This article will look at the best CNG cars in India and their features and benefits.
Best CNG cars in India
India currently has 19 CNG cars in the price range of INR 4.89 lakh to INR 11.54 lakh.
Let's look at the features of CNG cars:
Most of the exterior features of CNG cars include:
- Flashy grilles
- Bumpers and fenders
- An overall Bold design
- Keyless entry
Wheel and Lamp
Some of them have swept back projector lamps and high-mounted stop lamps. At the same time, the wheel designs range from Z-character lines to multi-spoke and diamond-cut alloy wheels.
In a passenger car, the CNG tank is placed in the back of the trunk space, closest to the back of the rear passenger seat. In an SUV, the CNG tank is situated at the back of the last seating row and inside the back entry door/doors.
Interior features of CNG cars include:
- SmartPlay Studio
- SmartPlay Dock system
- Centrally located power window switches
- Auto gear shift technology
- Automatic climate control
- TFT multi-information display
- Steering mounted audio
- Calling controls
• Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG - 35.60 km/kg
• Maruti Suzuki Alto CNG - 31.59 km/kg
• Hyundai Santro CNG - 30.48 km/kg
• Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG - 31.20 km/kg
• Tata Tigor CNG - 26.49 km/kg
• Tata Tiago CNG - 26.49 km/kg
• Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG - 26.08 km/kg
• Maruti Suzuki Eeco CNG - 20.88 km/kg
• Hyundai Aura CNG - 28.00 km/kg
• Maruti Suzuki Wagon R CNG - 32.52 km/kg
CNG car prices in India:
• Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG - INR 6.01 lakh to INR 6.68 lakh
• Maruti Suzuki Alto CNG - INR 4.89 lakh to INR 5.02 lakh
• Hyundai Santro CNG - INR 6.10 lakh to INR 6.41 lakh
• Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG - INR 5.23 lakh to INR 5.63 lakh
• Tata Tigor CNG - INR 7.85 lakh to INR 8.57 lakh
• Tata Tiago CNG - INR 6.28 lakh to INR 7.80 lakh
• Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG - INR 9.46 lakh to INR 11.54 lakh
• Maruti Suzuki Eeco CNG - INR 5.40 lakh to INR 5.94 lakh
• Hyundai Aura CNG - INR 7.87 lakh onwards
• Maruti Suzuki Wagon R CNG - INR 5.71 lakh to INR 6.86 lakh
Although CNG cars are much more fuel-efficient than diesel and petrol cars, they face competition from electric vehicles. The latter use zero fuel and are entirely non-polluting, like MG ZS EV.
Why should people buy CNG cars in India?
Let's look at the advantages of CNG cars:
CNG is much cheaper than petrol and diesel, making CNG cars highly cost-effective.
The harmful gases emitted by CNG cars are much lower compared to petrol and diesel cars. Additionally, the absence of particulate matter, traces of heavy metals or sulfur in Indian CNG makes it an inevitable choice for your car's engine. Plus, being one of the cleanest fuels, it causes less damage to the tubes and pipes of the engine, increasing its lifespan.
CNG ensures less adulteration of the motor oil due to the fuel. This keeps the engine in good shape, reducing your visits to the garage for frequent tune-ups and oil changes.
CNG is safer compared to other fuel types owing to the gaseous state it is available in. Therefore, in case of a leak, CNG disperses quickly. Plus, it does not spill, reducing the chances of a fire hazard.
Upcoming CNG cars in India
- Tata Nexon CNG
- Kia Carens CNG
- Kia Sonet CNG
- Hyundai Alcazar CNG
- Brezza Facelift CNG
- Tata Punch CNG
- Baleno Facelift CNG
Given the rising levels of pollution, CNG cars are here to stay. Fuel efficiency, affordable CNG car price, and many other advantages make these cars one of the most loved vehicles today. So while there are 19 CNG cars in India right now, seven upcoming CNG cars in India are to be unveiled soon.
Confused about which fuel type to choose when buying a car? Download the Park+ App or visit the Park+ website to learn about cars, their prices, model types, etc. The Park+ App provides thorough comparative analyses of cars helping you to make the right choice.