Mein to raste pe jaa raha tha, bhel puri kha raha tha,
Raste se jaa raha tha, bhel puri kha raha tha,
Over speeding kar raha tha,
Mera challan kat gaya main kya karun???????
Is the above song relatable? Well, whenever driving on Indian roads, we have always been cautious of the traffic policeman. We may be breaking a hundred traffic rules but as soon as we spot a policeman on the road, we straighten up like ‘Me? Breaking rules? Na na na na!’. But now beware because you can also get caught by the high-tech cameras placed on the main roads. So if you plan on overspeeding or jumping the signals, keep in mind that…
India, like any other country, follows strict rules when it comes to ensuring people’s safety on the road (although that’s a completely different story that people aren’t so serious about their own safety😅). If you cross the speed limit or use your cell phone while driving thinking that no one is standing on the crossing and that you might get away with the penalty, you’re wrong my dear friend! You see that camera strategically placed over your head? That will catch you & send an e-challan directly to your home!
Now you must be wondering, what is this e-challan? Well, a vehicle e-challan is a computer-generated challan used by the Traffic Police and is being issued to all the traffic defaulters in India.
Important things to keep in mind if you get an E-challan
- The e-challan is to be paid within 60 days from the date of issue.
- E-challan payment can be done both online and offline.
- Non-compliance of e-challan notices may result in you taking a sweet trip to court.
- The court may further provide punishment with imprisonment for a term which may extend upto 3 months or an additional fine or both.
Now that you know how important it is to pay your challan in time, so let’s move on to the payment part. Although the challan payment can be done both online & offline, in this era of digitization, standing in long queues to pay traffic fine does not make sense anymore. E-challan online payment method is comparatively convenient and hassle-free.
Here’s how to pay challan online:
There are two ways through which you can pay challans online:
- Through a government authorised website
- Through Park+ application
- Through a government authorised website: You can make your e-challan payment online through your state transport website. Follow the below mentioned steps:
Step 1: Visit https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/index/accused-challan.
Step 2: On the main page of this website, fill in the required details like Challan number, vehicle number etc.
Step 3: After providing the details, check the details of your challan and then proceed forward to make the payment. You can pay through your Debit/credit card, Paytm etc.
- Through Park+ App: E-challan payment online is made simpler through Park+ app. Just follow a few simple steps & you are done.
To know how to pay your challan online from the Park+ app, click here: Paying challans made simple with Park+ app
The process of how to pay challan online in India has become extremely simple now. You can pay it as per your convenience and even from the comfort of your house.
Now let us enlighten you with the best way to deal with challans.
Our ultimate PRO – TIP :
Wait for it
Traffic rules todo hi mat jo challan bharna pade! 😅